Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

4 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

You used to be able to drive up the quarry track 20 years ago! We did once in a 205, then explored the abandoned mine. If that's not been sealed off it'd be good to look at with modern torches...

I think it's protected by easy-to-cross barbed wire...

I too am questioning my attendance... as I have a pregnant wife... 

I’ll play it by ear and see what advice we get this week coming. Having said that, North Wales has some of the lowest instances of the dreaded virus in the UK!

I will contact  the museum and see what they’re doing. 

4 minutes ago, brownnova said:

I’ll play it by ear and see what advice we get this week coming. Having said that, North Wales has some of the lowest instances of the dreaded virus in the UK!

Very understandable - best wishes.

12 hours ago, brownnova said:

I read this week that while Wales has the lowest its down to testing and is probably much higher.  They are concerned about holiday makers coming in and bringing germs but also putting stress on local healthcare.  We are due in north wales for Easter and will keep an eye but probably be sensible unfortunately!

Also, I am in official isolation now for two weeks, so I'm not going to be able to meet up. It makes me very sad to miss my first meet up.

There's no point in coming in my car and not being able to speak to anyone though. I hope we can arrange another one after it is all over.

29 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

It has been back on the road for a year and attended several car shows.

Temporally with a local garage because the clutch is dragging and making a noise. It is now converted to Manual.

IMG_20190513_194134 broad.jpg

Magnificent!

Just my opinion. 

Need to be sensible here and I'm sure most people will be. This isn't going to be a massive gathering which would be frowned upon, being sensible (ie those high risk people staying at home) and not going if we're unwell or isolating. Just driving about the place and a bit of a chat outside. All pretty low risk stuff if we're sensible. 

I don't think anyone is frowning upon it, I think if you are merely social-distancing it's acceptable as long as you don't breath in each other's faces and lick each other's steering wheels.

I'm still sad that I can't come. I'm isolating so I'd have to turn up and stay in my car, lovely though it is, which misses out half of the fun of actually meeting other shitters. But meeting out in the open and driving the route is acceptable I think if you are not isolating.

7 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

I don't think anyone is frowning upon it, I think if you are merely social-distancing it's acceptable as long as you don't breath in each other's faces and lick each other's steering wheels.

Yea, not saying anyone on here was saying that. 

I was looking at a local FB group populated by the usual neighborhood do-gooders and they were all having a go at yoga group in the local park who were clearly miles away from the next person.  Like people need to get outside and have some headspace and normality sometimes.... 

I mean you could still come for the drive, better than stuck in the house? 

13 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Yea, not saying anyone on here was saying that. 

I was looking at a local FB group populated by the usual neighborhood do-gooders and they were all having a go at yoga group in the local park who were clearly miles away from the next person.  Like people need to get outside and have some headspace and normality sometimes.... 

I mean you could still come for the drive, better than stuck in the house? 

I might come just for the drive

I had quite a few 440's as company cars when they were new because I worked for a Volvo dealer. This one was a 440 GLi pre cat, quite basic with no power steering. The 1721cc injection pre cat went very well and this was no exception. As G159 TWL was last taxed in 2000 I guess it is long gone.

440 b plus b.jpg