Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

Apologies I’ve been a bit absent here the last couple of days. I heard you could get Carowner virus from here, and as I was showing the symptoms I thought I’d best self isolate!

Plan: As @Tim_E said.

Meet at the Cae Dae 50s Museum at 11am on the 29th (Postcode LL16 4SU) Poke each other’s rust holes, peruse the excellent museum (who know we’re coming) 

Then at some point when we’re ready the Rammel hits the Triangle! Followed by a swift half on the sportsman’s and then we wait until it all blows over... 

22 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

I'm in, likely with wife too. (She asked if there would be loads of geeks there. I didn't know what to say...)

Mrs_brownnova will likely be there too if that helps, she’s not too much of a geek. 

2 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Apologies I’ve been a bit absent here the last couple of days. I heard you could get Carowner virus from here, and as I was showing the symptoms I thought I’d best self isolate!

Plan: As @Tim_E said.

Meet at the Cae Dae 50s Museum at 11am on the 29th (Postcode LL16 4SU) Poke each other’s rust holes, peruse the excellent museum (who know we’re coming) 

Then at some point when we’re ready the Rammel hits the Triangle! Followed by a swift half on the sportsman’s and then we wait until it all blows over... 

Mrs_brownnova will likely be there too if that helps, she’s not too much of a geek. 

Does the sportsman’s do food, or do I need to ask my dad to hold Sunday dinner until the evening?

9 minutes ago, brownnova said:

I might be getting a spot of carowner virus from this very site, I might be doing a buy before the meet so unless things go tits up I might have some exciting rust to bring, or an exciting choice of rusty to set off out with.

look out for my first AS collection caper on Saturday. It may or may not result in a buy but I'm definitely going looking.

16 minutes ago, brownnova said:

That’s my plan!!! Can’t decide which of my motors to bring though... 

I'd quite like to see the Yugo, the 2cv or either Saabs. Or any of the list you have in fact.

I will warn you that if it's forecast more than light showers I won't be keen on bringing the 924 as it's very leaky from the sunroof. One of the catalogue of things definitely going to be fixed soon* is unblocking drain channels in the sunroof (some berk previously sealed up the sun roof rather than unblocking it - and failed to stop it leaking. I've unsealed it and replaced the oem seal but not cleared the drains yet).

I'll ask the pub, this is the wild west so don't be surprised if he says we can turn up.

Yes you can just turn up on the day or not, and I don't think we need to necessarily need to breathe over each other unless we want to i.e. if you want to come but maintain some kind of isolation we can probably accommodate that.

I did have a plan to get my 440 up to pub and my drive my 924 out, but we'll see on the practicalities of that given the situation.

@brownnova now that the excrement has well and truly impacted the turbine will we have to avoid the museum? Shame though it would be.

I'll check with the pub but even if we have no indoor venues we can meet and drive.

It's worth being sensible about contact with others but I see no reason to cancel altogether, it will be a real break from isolation for some. Having said that if people would rather not turn out that's quite understandable.

Obviously if you are in the higher risk groups then please consider very carefully the ifs and hows etc.

I had thought of a way of getting the Volvo up to the pub and driving the 924 so that both cars could be there, but depending how far the dung is flung that might not happen now.

Anyway I hope to see you all, or some at least, a week on Sunday.

43 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Update: The Sportsmans arms is not going to be open. I can ask in our village but really being indoors is not going to be recommended at all. Maybe we can have a drive in picnic on a mountain pass or something.

Weather permitting I'm happy with that. Can bring a stove and water for tea/coffee, you can bring your own mug for virus sensibilities maybe? 

I'm sure someone knows a sheltered scenic spot. 

4 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

That sounds like a good plan. The little car park by the side of the lake perhaps?

Perfect, exactly where I was thinking.

4 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Weather permitting I'm happy with that. Can bring a stove and water for tea/coffee, you can bring your own mug for virus sensibilities maybe? 

I'm sure someone knows a sheltered scenic spot. 

Ideal. Let's go wild camping! We have a spot, no it's not sheltered but it is beautiful. We can bring a wind break or make a car wind break...

There is a walk up quarry tracks to the top of a 500m mountain (yes mountain according to the UNESCO world heritage) with amazing views for those that like walking up hills.