Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

The ordeal was just to much for these poor gentlemen who were found in Hollywell in the back of muck spreader having travelled from Outer Scunthorpe's disputed territory, after having escaped a revolt(ing) situation.

They were forced to form a Men's group to help the menfolk of Flintshire, poor boys. They all cracked under the pressure.

22 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Any more details about road trip and meeting time on Sunday? 

Details on the trip: There is a triangle of major public roads known informally as the Evo Shiteangle, with fantastic views across Snowdonia, Berwyn and the Clwydian hills. It often attracts car enthusiasts as well as idiotic nutters who want to drive too fast. On the Denbigh side of the triangle there is a nice remote pub at a high altitude, The Sportsman's Arms.

Details of the route, the Evo Shiteangle, can be found here https://www.drivingroads.co.uk/evo-triangle/

I would personally recommend going both ways round, it's not too far and the views are some of my favourite.

The roads are minutes out of Denbigh, the location of the museum. I would suggest a 10:00 meet in Denbigh. What does everyone think? Too early/late?

1 hour ago, mat_the_cat said:

Yes...

I'm fairly sure this is the Trawsfynydd to Bala road, not any of the Denbighshire Highlands roads that make up the Shiteangle. Anyway these guys are the kinds of wankstains who think they are on a circuit on the island of no consequences rather than public roads where people drive to work and parents take their kids to school etc

Ah, it's not the Evo triangle you're right - but the Migneint pass, i.e. the B4407 road from Llan Ffestiniog, joining up with the Bala to Trawsfynydd road. I should have recognised it sooner given that I did it every day for 7 years!

EDIT - this is a better video which actually shows the correct road:

Here's an actual abridged video tour of the route.

I like to go both way round, with slight preference to the way round these guys didn't go. I would suggest going round twice, with a tea break in the Sportsmans or something. It takes about 30 minutes to complete I think, though I have to say I've never timed it, and I rarely drive it as a circuit, I mostly just go on the roads to go somewhere.

3 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

Ah, it's not the Evo triangle you're right - but the Migneint pass, i.e. the B4407 road from Llan Ffestiniog, joining up with the Bala to Trawsfynydd road. I should have recognised it sooner given that I did it every day for 7 years!

I love the Migneint road!! I think it's my favourite, maybe we should make a plan for this road someday, though it's further for non-Welsh shitters to get to.

7 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

We could make the Evo triangle into a diamond, and head via Frongoch-Migneint-Penmachno?

DSC_0102.thumb.jpg.9bc8a2459aed7c19f3c21da5c2922afa.jpg

DSC_4867.thumb.jpg.9c0439c4a577465bda4a9a494ce555be.jpg

We've both shared the same video!

Yes we did!

I'd totally be up for going from Sportsman's to Pentrefoelas to the Migneint then back on the Llyn Celyn road and up via Cerrig back to the Sportsmans. I'd normally go through Ysbyty Ifan rather than Penmachno but for the sights and the wilderness Penmachno is nice.

2 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

Not sure - it's the one on the right after you climb out of Ysbyty Ifan, and the road starts to level out. Now renovated and looks lived in last time I was up.

I think it's a Dwr Cymru building, last time I was up there is was anyway. Mad little place though, imagine living up there, as someone once did. Probably a shepherd or a gold miner! Likely a sheep herder though.

• 1 month later...