Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

@brownnova I wonder if there is enough interest in having a Denbigh Moors meet up one day? There are a number of stunning roads around here and we are close enough to Englandshire's motorways for people, and close to the Irish ferry too. There are a few good potential venues with facilities, there's a pub with camping fields in the Moors or our own village pub and camping.

Anyone interested?

4 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Not too far from Llandegla iirc? Could possibly double up with another shiter's ride out round there.

Is there a Llangollen ride out? Yes, some places I had in mind are just up the road really. There is a triangle of main roads off a section of the A5 just about 20 out of Llangollen, the B4501 North out of Cerrigydrudion and then the A543 South West to Pentrefoelas, where there is the pub with camping. That would be my suggestion for a weekend or just a ride out.

As long as we can call it the Shitesteddfod... I’m in.

I was thinking of organising  some kind of Welsh Shiters assembly at some point which could rotate around the country so we can all meet up, or be in mid Wales for maximum inconvenience for all of us!!

But a blast round the Evo sounds like a fun first outing! 

16 hours ago, Kowalski said:

In sometimes up in that part of the world. Does anybody know the story behind that closed down garage that is full of old Peugeot vans and VW Golfs? I can't remember exactly where it is but I've seen it loads of times and keep forgetting to take photos! 

The owner does them up eventually.

There are a number of places like that dotted around.

2 hours ago, Tim_E said:

The owner does them up eventually.

There are a number of places like that dotted around.

When I first got my 2CV in 1993 I bought a few parts from a guy just down the road from there, just before the fish farm,  who had a forest full of 2CVs and Dyanes. Council made him clear it up a bit a few years ago, but he's still got something going on.

Screenshot 2020-01-06 15.17.02.png

1 hour ago, Tim_E said:

The forest is full and I mean full of automotive shite at the moment, it will be a day of wonder. Also worth a visit is https://www.yell.com/biz/bryn-service-station-corwen-8918949/

Is that scrappy across the road a bit and down a valley (Craig Lelo?) somewhere near there still going?