Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

• 2 months later...

There wasn't a concrete plan, but loosely:

Meet in Denbigh. Well have to find out if the museum is open. Things here are open so far, but it's a small venture so well have to check. If not we could always meet at the motor museum at Llangollen? Anyway meet somewhere, coo over each others mobile scrap steel collections, consume hot liquid, baked flour and sugar etc etc then head out to the hills.

There were two proposed routes, an hour or so round trip on the so-called Evo Triangle, a triangle of public roads that are very scenic (but unlike all the other roads in the area). The other is more like an hour and a half round and back, and is one of my favourite day trips, out on the A5, turn left for Ysbyty Ifan, go though that village and over Mig Neint and turn left for Bala, turn left on the B4501 to Cerrigydrudion on the A5.

The are route maps neck in the thread, when I get a minute I'll re-post or re-make. Just trying to get kids to kids places and me to work...

10 hours ago, paulplom said:

Sounds like a good day out.

Four hours each way for me.

Bloody lightweight, it's probably 6.5 from Chester on a Honda SS50.

10 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

My favourite step-niece-in-law is getting married that afternoon, in a fully moderne socially-distanced online kind of way.  

What's the wifi like..? ?

Won't she want to be at the wedding?

On 9/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, chaseracer said:

My favourite step-niece-in-law is getting married that afternoon, in a fully moderne socially-distanced online kind of way.  

What's the wifi like..? ?

Crap.

Sack off the wedding altogether, I reckon.

23 hours ago, Ghosty said:

With gatherings going down back to six, what do we think?

It's cos in England they lick each others steering wheels, especially the young. So I heard on face book anyway.

Surely as we are in Wales, Welsh rules apply.

Just don't lick each others steering wheels if either party has been feeling unwell etc etc.

I was also going to suggest, as cafe/pubs are limited in inside space, we bring our own food, and just find cups of tea or take out grub.

Maybe a count of interested heads would be a good thing to see if we can all fit in a socially distant pub or cafe?

• brownnova changed the title to North East Wales meet up - The Shitesteddfod: Local lockdown torpedoes plans...

Update.....

Denbighshire is now subject to local lockdown (as are 4 North Wales counties) meaning that non essential travel in and out is no longer permitted, therefore I feel we should pull this event again for now, and once we can meet again we shall. 

Sad times. 

32 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Update.....

Denbighshire is now subject to local lockdown (as are 4 North Wales counties) meaning that non essential travel in and out is no longer permitted, therefore I feel we should pull this event again for now, and once we can meet again we shall. 

Sad times. 

Indeed.

Probably for the best, the absolute minimum time period is two weeks, but probably longer, meaning that the 12th is definitely out.

Hmph again!

54 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

Next time we set a date for this, can we pick one two weeks in advance of whatever date is thought of? That way we should miss out on lockdown restrictions!

Sure, choose a date, subtract two weeks. Maybe put it in a randomiser, then tie it to a dart and throw it at a calendar...

Maybe Shitesteddfod 2021 is a goer...?

On 10/2/2020 at 9:09 PM, dollywobbler said:

Sad times, but we live in such times. As it happens, I'm in Gwynedd right now! Feels a bit like sneaking a holiday before we can't.

Enjoy it while you can! The only bit of North Wales you're allowed into at the moment!

Here's hoping you manage to avoid lockdown your way 🤞

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to North East Wales meet up - The Shitesteddfod: The dream lives on...