Biggest Fleet

Mr H Sceptre

Most I ever owned at one time was fifty although it's true we did have just shy of 100 cars here once (99 to be exact). The rest were other peoples that were just in storage until some knob jockey complained to the council :roll:

I showed a closemate-he was interested in the Trabbie Kubel (to see-not buy!)He ''told'' his son -who told his mates.They thought it might be fun to throw a molotov in, (after school) -see what happened.12 fire engines (man made lake in the road outside to feed the pumps),36 hours is what happened-nowt saveable despite best endeavours. The Brigade managed to lassoo & haul 3, a Renault 10, Fiat 23000 estate, & Piazza Turbo-but they were all too far gone.To add insult to injury- I was immediatley arrested & detained 24hours. The Feds decided it ''might not'' have been me when I proved (as opposed to stated) that I was 50 miles away-and PROVED they werent insured, hence no claim.I told them who did it -he's still boasting. Didnt bother to even interview him. Case closed.I doubt he'll ever come within 10 miles of me, again, though-and I lost a good friend,through embarrasssment/guilt.4 people have access -thats how it stays.Sorry.PS. You'd just love the racking....

Down to 9 at the moment.1945 Austin 101972 Renault 6 TL1972 Volvo 1641988 Honda Accord1990 Skoda 120L1993 Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo CSE1993 Innocenti Mini1996 Toyota Camry estate1997 Peugeot 406 GLX TDPlus the Mobylette and a little Chinese 125 thing I ride to work on. Bit pathetic really given that I was up to 21 at one point - I seem to be permanently skint at the moment.

Capsuleboy - got any more info on the DS Safari? DS is on my list of "must get one on the road one day" cars. I bought a Safari a couple of years ago but it was a bit too far gone (although it did run and drive) - but then I paid £250 for it so to be expected I suppose.

After seeing NB's pics, I am almost sorry to say this. Current count is 32. 6 cars and the rest are mk1 and mk2 transits, including 1 XXLWB 3 XLWB and 3 LWB lutons, a horse box (soon to be a luton) a tipper, a beavertail recovery, 5 scrappers, 2 minibuses, an ex Bank of England bullion van, a stretched custom van and 3 ambulances.

Just one, a scanned in polaroid. She doesn't look like this now, having had to have the seams re opened, she was built on a bus stop in Archway in 1980/81 and they were pop riveted!

Posted Image

No, not a photoshop.....

Hey Fred ! that's not dissimilar to an Econoline !! nice one. one or two of those are rattling round the island used for food deliveries.....

Wow that stretched Transit is awsome!!!,i love it,it is tastefully customised!I have never known anyone to have so many trannies,thats what i am like with the Allegros lolGlad someone is saving them,i see a mark 1 van on the way home from work sometimes in Brighton ,they look so retro i love them!!cheersRichie :D

I've got it bad .... bit shame faced to admit to all these...1961 Citroen ID19 - mint1965 Ami 6 - lovely1972 Citroen H van - nice1974 Citroen GS pallas - needs love1973 Renault 4 F4 - nice1969 R4 - just in from Spain needs sorting - for sale1966 R4 - superb1972 Citroen DS safari - needs love - for sale1986 R25 - on ebay now1996 Twingo - on ebay now1966 Moskovitch - lovely - for sale1982 R5 TX - about to give up it engineand the every day hacks2004 Clio 1.4 - the wifes2003 Fiat Multipla - the van.Looks bad...

Hell's teeth! Whereabouts in Leicester are you??

Sorn'ing can be a potential issue-although they've not made a fine 'stick' yet- been close once or twice!

No 'tours'-sorry. Last time I let someone in -this happened- 6 weeks later

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wasnt them-but someone they told -who toldsomeone else etc etc.

Good God. Why on earth would someone do that? Shocking.

OH MY GOD!!! I am feeling positively normal only onwing 18 cars this site is fantasticRichie :D

Ive only got three at present,1955 Ford Pop (Modified!)1998 Toyota starlet1998 Volvo V40Richie,where the hell do you keep 18 cars in Crawley!! Nothing todo will Bridges at pease pottage are you!! :-)

Ha ha ha Thankfully nothing to do with Bridges!!!Its funny but i have seen your Ford Pop around ,you often park up where i live in Broadfield (Richardson court)Next time you are there look out for my Datsun and Allegros lolI actually rent space from a friend in his yard in hookwood which has about 9 spaces ,the rest are in lock up garages around Crawley lolWhere you based mate?cheersRichie :D

Ha ha ha Thankfully nothing to do with Bridges!!!Its funny but i have seen your Ford Pop around ,you often park up where i live in Broadfield (Richardson court)Next time you are there look out for my Datsun and Allegros lolRichie :D

I live in Broadfield too.....and Ive got a feeling Ive seen part of your fleet while visiting a mate called Craig in Aston Court who also has a Marina (brown with white stripe)....tis a small world!!!! Cheers, Mick :-)