Show me your Peugeot 306 please.

Six-cylinder

Someone I was at college with bought a P reg 306 to replace a Ka that her boyfriend wrote off, seemed a nice car. They hadn't had much luck with the Ka though, 2 days after passing her test she rear ended another car, they had just got it back from being repaired when it was clobbered while parked, needless to say the person responsible fucked off without leaving details, then a few weeks later her boyfriend rolled it after skidding on black ice. He walked away with barely a scratch. 

15 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Even though I have a 205 convertible I now find myself wanting a 306 convertible again. This place is dangerous to the wallet.

It may be prettier but the 306 is not as stiff.

1 minute ago, loserone said:

It may be prettier but the 306 is not as stiff.

I can well believe that, the 205 is such a perfect drivers car I couldn’t imagine them being bettered by the 306. But those lines.......... anyway, surely one of each is the perfect solution?

Photo027.thumb.jpg.4bc4aa1f1abadeffad2a322b3aba5ebf.jpgPhoto030.thumb.jpg.2b0416a5bd45aee552dd3de743ebfadf.jpgSDC12393.thumb.JPG.f3658f83f50620b78488f228bc72a96f.JPGPhoto124.thumb.jpg.88c293d3cfd11aac81fa7b8280e53205.jpgSDC12332.thumb.JPG.8f563fba9221735654fdfe16e0cd5a49.JPG

My 1.6LX Sedan from a few years back.  Bloody cracking car. 

Wheels weren't my choice, but she needed a set of tyres and those were being sold by a friend with nearly new tyres on for far less than a set of new rubber alone would have cost me.

Once they were on I had to admit they really suited the car.

They also resulted in a car which handled far better than it had any right to.

Sadly scrapped now.  She needed a spring changed and a new back box for the MOT.  Sadly my mother passed away suddenly at that point so priorities rapidly changed.  She was given a reprieve by being stored at a friend's place of work for over a year, but during that period we literally couldn't give the car away (we tried!), so was eventually cubed.

Still feel bad for that...but I just couldn't justify getting it transported 400 miles down here - or really going up there to do it and drive it down here given I had already -2 free spaces at that point as I recall.

They're bloody good cars, and I reckon look better in sedan form.  Always thought a small, tasteful spoiler on the boot would have finished the car off perfectly.

Bought one off a colleague in 2009, 1.4 LX which was pretty slow and not massive fun to drive. Did me a turn, failed to sell it on eBay, ended up putting a full exhaust on it then selling it to my sister-in-law's then boyfriend who used it for a year until the timing belt went.

R.I.P lil solidjer

1112250921_czechwrecks2008099.thumb.jpg.bf9def10b2a2762a335a38f59794032d.jpg917695026_czechwrecks2008101.thumb.jpg.ff915b701e1e8c76f840f8b859366004.jpg

P.S I still think that was a fine looking car.

My first car, in 2010, was a '97 P 306 XLdt. It was a very late phase 1 in white, 5 door.

It had 156k on it when I got it, and it had 179k on it 3 and a half years later when it went pop. That had nothing* to do with me swapping it to a Bosch pump and running it at 24psi of boost. I'm sure.

I got it for £300 as an MOT failure. All it needed was a track rod end and the handbrake adjusted.

Then after the white 306 went pop, about 3 days later I was in a 2001 Y reg 306 HDi estate, in moonstone blue. That promptly got remapped to 125hp and I ran it like that for 8 months before a luminous green Audi caught my eye and I sold it. In the time I had it, it got a new front driver's side wing as the one on there had been painted very badly, new front foglights, and a new alternator as the voltage regulator on it was buggered. The brightness of the headlights altered dramatically based on engine revs! Oh yes, it also got a solid crank pulley fitted, as the original damped one went eccentric and shredded the aux belt.

I should have fucking kept the 306 estate. It was a brilliant car. It drove like a warm hatch, ran on seemingly thin air, and could haul a heap of stuff.

The Audi A4 that replaced it was a needy pile of uninspiring shit.

Wheels weren't my choice, but once they were on I had to admit they really suited the car.

....Always thought a small, tasteful spoiler on the boot would have finished the car off perfectly.

306 "touring car" edition. Looks great, that.

Despite my being a colossal anorak, I used to frequently mistake 306 Sedans for 406s.