Show me your Peugeot 306 please.

Six-cylinder

I have wanted a Peugeot 306 cabriolet for many years and have finally got one. I have always been aware that the hatches, saloons and estate are useful and pleasant driving cars, but I have bought Citroen ZXs instead.

I guess there are quite a number of 306s lurking on here and I would like to see yours, be it an everyday workhorse or a Retromods show car.

IMG_20200104_154113 broad.jpg

IMG_20200104_154139 broad.jpg

IMG_20191228_112159 broad.jpg

IMG_20191228_112247 broad.jpg

IMG_20191228_112359 broad.jpg

IMG_20191228_123307 broad.jpg

Mine was a  1.4 Meridian 5d 2001 on a Y plate,bought at 3 years old from a friend of my FiL who had just died and his widow couldn't drive and didn't want to look at the car.

As it was going to my wife we got it for a very very good price.

Looked like this one.

Edited to  find a better photo..not the exact car

image.png.85150dace572939936837880bf81b3f3.png

I just remembered having a test drive with my Dad in a green cabrio 306 when they first came out. It had some pretty fake looking wood on the dash and I seem to remember it was quite expensive at the time. We got a ride in it because my family had bought so many peugeots from the dealer. At the time we had a 1.9 xld (I think that was right. . . it was the boggo one) and my grandad had bought the next car in the numberplate round, a sedan SRDT with all kinds of luxury bits. We had that off him and he got a red Vivant special edition (a bit naff) and then a nice moonstone blue hdi meridian before he moved onto 307s. Hmmmm . . . 306's!

I really fancy a 306 XSI.  I think the GTi-6 is now unachievable but a boggo 2.0 XSI should be a decent workhorse with plenty of room for the family and more suitable for a cruise to the Côte d'Azure.

Looks like we're going to have a go in the 206 though, only four months to buy something else!

I had this, a 1.4 bought off ebay for £150. Was a nice car with just a few electrical problems. I Swapped with a mate but it then had omghgf after 2 weeks and he scrapped it....i even gave him a lift home.

But about 3 months later i was stuck in bad traffic on the a6. Got to the front of it to see this, hazards on, bonnet up and about 700 litres of something pissed out underneath it.

Screenshot_2020-01-04-20-17-32.png

Screenshot_2020-01-04-20-18-04.png

This was mine. Had it a few years ago... hence the potato cam photo.

06516CE3-F695-48CA-BE58-12DD1D1F8DDE.jpeg

Was an XTDT from memory. I bought a diesel as I had been told I would be placed a long commute away for teacher training. Turned out I was placed a couple of miles from home. It used to flatten its battery in winter as a result!  Lost coolant for fun and was a bit ropey tbh. The least favourite car I have ever owned... 

Probably wasn’t as bad as I remember it!!

Mrs_b loves Peugeots! 

Not mine, but this belonged to an old work mate.  I had become the painter there at the time and found a stash of loads of tins of base coat from the previous painter who'd be doing loads of homers.  I found a nice Vauxhall pearly silver in there and sneakily painted the wheels in the booth during work.  Just so happens the windows in the both were sheeted over that day. 

Yellow lights not for me and the rear had too much poke but I still think they are a very good looking car. 

Screenshot_20200104-223737.jpg

My wife's 306 1.4 XN remains the only car she's ever owned, and she pased her test fifteen years ago.

eurointro1.jpg

It's taken us on some incredible adventures, including a pan-European odyssey the first year Nicola and I were together (image above was taken at the bottom of the Stelvio Pass). It was written off several years ago, and this thread tells the story of how it's still on the road today.

ae37950a17569d2da241895196eafb84.jpg

There was high drama a few weeks ago, though; it lost one of its original wheeltrims. We were devastated.

d6cf99914e4d7d4ee6e34de01848bd95.jpg

So much so, in fact, that we paid £8 for another from eBay. All is now well and universal balance is restored.

0a1bc8b34de9a60b8e9bf8989c61cb28.jpg

I've currently got 4 of them.... Bought my first 12yrs ago as a Cat D vandal damaged car with a slashed hood and every panel keyed - sprayed it myself in Ford Imperial blue. 

Bought the red Phase1 for 199 quid with a weeks Mot whilst I had the first blue car in bits - drove it back from Essex to Swansea and used it for 3years - always tatty it had been written off twice before I'd owned it - it was good fun and very reliable. Its rear beam became very creaky so I kept it for spares 

My son came upon the second blue one - it used to be seen around locally to me - and the suddenly disappeared. Parked under a hedge and covered in green - the owner was just about to scrap it. The hood frame and covering was rotten in metal and fabric. I swapped the hood and front springs off the red car and this year I'll have had it 4yrs. 

The yellow car is best known on here as the ex BorniteIdentity and AlsoMike car.  I've re piped the hood hydraulics - sorted out the heavy clutch.. broken fuel gauge etc etc. 

I've had great fun with them - and once you get to know some of the specific issues and quirks they're not any harder to maintain over a tintop.  Although many say I'm just a glutten for punishment! ☺️ 

_20200105_015014.JPG

_20200105_015112.JPG

FB_IMG_1578187487719.jpg

_20200105_122741.JPG