Collection thread

wuvvum

I think the issue being, that whomever runs it will invariably start putting little bits of money into it, meaning their 'stake' goes up, and it's harder to stomach, say 30-40 quid on service items on a car you don't fully own. Or is that just me? I am a tight northerner after all.

As for needing the 100 quid back, I could probably survive without it, but it was only meant to be a short term thing to get the car into the AS family. 

I think if we roffle it, the next owner then has a choice whether to run it for a while and re-roffle, or invest in it and keep long term. Either way, all 5 of us are happy to see it saved and continue being used. 

My strong advice from experience is keep it really simple and stick firmly to the original plan.  

If one of you really wants to keep it, buy the others out. Otherwise move it on by whatever means ASAP (eg once the V5 arrives) before it all gets complicated and someone wants something different and there’s a falling out.

Edited by Skizzer
To clarify (see below), this is in no way a grumble about the consortium that saved the legendary base Sierra - that was all very amicable, as the Visa posse seems to be as well.

Although this is one of my favourite cars I have said very little because when I first saw it up for sale my initial reaction was to buy it, but then I came to my senses as I have 3 running Visas and a project one. I was concerned that if I started talking about it somehow I would end up with it!

I have watched the interest on here and love the way it has turned into some sort of gang show, but instead of singing and dancing for us you put on a roffle in the dreary month of January!

4 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Although this is one of my favourite cars I have said very little because when I first saw it up for sale my initial reaction was to buy it, but then I came to my senses as I have 3 running Visas and a project one. I was concerned that if I started talking about it somehow I would end up with it!

I have watched the interest on here and love the way it has turned into some sort of gang show, but instead of singing and dancing for us you put on a roffle in the dreary month of January!

Buy a ticket or three, make it nice round 5 Visas ??

2 hours ago, Skizzer said:

My strong advice from experience is keep it really simple and stick firmly to the original plan.  

If one of you really wants to keep it, buy the others out. Otherwise move it on by whatever means ASAP (eg once the V5 arrives) before it all gets complicated and someone wants something different and there’s a falling out.

Is this your way of saying you’d like the Sierra?! You’re absolutely welcome/entitled - natürlich. It’d look great buzzing through the City of London.

Just let me know! 

31 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Is this your way of saying you’d like the Sierra?! You’re absolutely welcome/entitled - natürlich. It’d look great buzzing through the City of London.

Just let me know! 

Ha!

No, the Sierra joint ownership thing went very well, although I think it was good that we quit while we were ahead and it went to its rightful owner, your good self :-)

I’ve updated my post above to reflect this — apols for any offence to the bASe gang, it wasn’t intended.

17 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

Ha!

No, the Sierra joint ownership thing went very well, although I think it was good that we quit while we were ahead and it went to its rightful owner, your good self :-)

I’ve updated my post above to reflect this — apols for any offence to the bASe gang, it wasn’t intended.

Oh GO ON! 

You know you want to... ? 

11 hours ago, Skizzer said:

The Visa Posse.. 

Is that like the AS version of the A Team? 

Who is who then? 

Driver / Bad attitude - Wings123? 

The good looking one / smooth talker? - Spartacus? 

The planner / brains? - egg? 

The one with questionable mental health? - me? 

The token girl / reporter? - Loserone? 

???

16 minutes ago, Ohdearme said:

Jesus, look at the thickness* of the metal on the slam panel brackets, I’ve seen stronger wishbones on a £3 Asda chicken.

I imagine the rest of the car is also held together with hopes and wishes. 

It reminds of the time my neighbour put up a shelf in our shared bathroom using only 1 screw

15 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

It’s almost like you’ve never seen any old french cars before emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw quite enough* of old French cars driving a four speed ax from Folkestone to bloody Leeds, picking this up will be like nipping to the shops to buy a tin of beans or as Citroen would call it, a repair panel.

*Actually it was hilarious and I loved it.

17 hours ago, loserone said:

None of us can afford it right out.  It'd be class, but no way I'd invest 600£ in getting it home as it's mostly unsuitable.  But if I won it ..

£100 is a lot of money, but it's not so much we can't entrust in an old rare Citroën.

I'm afraid I invested purely to save it and to bring it into the fold. I have no desire for a Visa (have owned a C15 before) and already have 2x Xantias!