Collection thread

wuvvum

I wondered about £10 a ticket and the winner gets anything over group expenditure back.  I.e. with luck a free collection fund.

Obviously no-one would get far with the split pipe, but in theory no reason not to start building the list? Separate thread I would think.  @egg, would you like the honours? I don't mind either.

Thanks to Wuv for looking it over today, seems like we haven't been done over at least. 

I'm happy to run the roffle, in fact I did run one for Wuv's MX5 last year.

If @TheDoctor, @Wingz123 and @spartacus are happy with that I'll start the thread.

How about £10 a ticket or £18 for two just to keep it moving on?

HML says there are a 23 taxed Visas. Total rarity this!

Oh, two things I forgot to mention earlier - the boot doesn't seem to want to lock (think the lock barrel may have seized) and the speedo needle developed a case of the shakes towards the end of the journey home last night.

They all do that sir, both things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been great following this. Glad the collection went relatively smoothly. It doesn’t look too bad, as soon as I saw it advertised I was thinking how rotten it might have been.

I’d like to enter the raffle...I’m new here so someone will have to explain to me how it works. It would be nice to bring this little thing down to the Isle of Wight where it would live a easy life. 

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Probably about 30 running Visas as I think the last figure is with SORNed for the winter including 3 of mine that have MOTs and are on the button, but hiding from the salt.

Yeah, mine isn't off the road for any reason other than I've not got round to testing it. Might do it in the next couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

@egg - I sent Wings123 a text last night and he said 

Screenshot_20200106_052409.thumb.jpg.57d35038838427b16f43bdbbb8fd5cce.jpg

So we are good to go

So five of you bought it but none of you want it?! Only here!

I’m not sure I’d be able to just pass it on without littering my office car park with it for a wee while first... 

10 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

So five of you bought it but none of you want it?! Only here!

I’m not sure I’d be able to just pass it on without littering my office car park with it for a wee while first... 

2 minutes ago, spartacus said:

I'd like it but realistically I'm up to capacity, at least this way it'll hopefully stay in the fold and there's chance at a shot later.

What he said. 

I'd roffle the AX and daily the Visa, but I suspect I'm not quite the right person to look after it properly. It really needs some TLC and attention, not pushed into service immediately. Oh, and the wheels and bonnet need to stay the colour they are ??

17 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

So five of you bought it but none of you want it?!

None of us can afford it right out.  It'd be class, but no way I'd invest 600£ in getting it home as it's mostly unsuitable.  But if I won it ..

£100 is a lot of money, but it's not so much we can't entrust in an old rare Citroën.

1 minute ago, loserone said:

None of us can afford it right out.  It'd be class, but no way I'd invest 600£ in getting it home as it's mostly unsuitable.  But if I won it ..

£100 is a lot of money, but it's not so much we can't entrust in an old rare Citroën.

No sorry. I wasn’t being a moneywanker (I’m poor AF atm)

I meant wouldn’t one of you five want to run it for a few months and then divest later in the year? It’s bought now - why not take a deep breath and see where you’re at in a few weeks time? It won’t really change in value - you can always cash out via raffle. 

It might be that none of you are desperate for your £century back - which means a few of you can get a go in it.

If none of you want to steam about in it, then that’s why I LOL’d. Only here.