Collection thread

wuvvum

47 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Do suitcases like unleaded?  I have no idea so I've slung some Redex in anyway. 

DSC_0749.thumb.JPG.27e29af42945b10455712f0be1452acb.JPG

I've always just run it as is. I can't remember if I checked or not when I got mine. 

I've always reasoned that the cost of Redex over a number of years is probably more than paying for some new valve seats when they eventually need replacing, assuming they do. 

Stopped at Winchester services for a bite to eat.  It hasn't broken yet.  It's definitely got character.  Clutch is horrible, wiper is comically slow, heater fan doesn't work.  It puts some heat through at town speeds but that more or less disappears on the motorway so think it might be running cool (no temp gauge obvs because French). 

Speedo is hopelessly optimistic - the car sits happily at an indicated 70 but the GPS tells me that's actually 60.  It makes a variety of interesting noises but none of them sounds life threatening.  It doesn't seem to like being held at full throttle for extended periods - it's coughed a couple of times on long uphill stretches - but other than that so far so good. 

39 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

I've always just run it as is. I can't remember if I checked or not when I got mine. 

I've always reasoned that the cost of Redex over a number of years is probably more than paying for some new valve seats when they eventually need replacing, assuming they do. 

horsed unleaded into mine and it didnt run any different - not like youre gonna do 20k commute in it

58 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Leaving a car running on a forecourt is a sure fire way to get told off like you're an errant 8yo by the lady in the kiosk...

I know.

Nor do they like you jump starting a 1985 bmw shark nose on the forecourt after putting fuel in.

I also know ?

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Stopped at Winchester services for a bite to eat.  It hasn't broken yet.  It's definitely got character.  Clutch is horrible, wiper is comically slow, heater fan doesn't work.  It puts some heat through at town speeds but that more or less disappears on the motorway so think it might be running cool (no temp gauge obvs because French). 

Speedo is hopelessly optimistic - the car sits happily at an indicated 70 but the GPS tells me that's actually 60.  It makes a variety of interesting noises but none of them sounds life threatening.  It doesn't seem to like being held at full throttle for extended periods - it's coughed a couple of times on long uphill stretches - but other than that so far so good. 

You are still quite nuts when it comes to collecting chod :D