Hairy Pussy - Swopsies done

eddyramrod

Welding, mostly.  There's a big strip need doing along the OS sill/floor interface.  After that:  there's a rubbing noise that suggests a rear brake isn't properly releasing.  There's no code for the radio (at the moment) which means no heater too.  Both front wings really want replacing.

Further ahead, maybe some tyres would be a good thing, they don't have quite as much tread as I would like.  There are some other fiddly bits too but they can wait.  But, for the price, I'm not complaining!  I got a very good deal, whatever it costs to get through MoT.  I'm going to make sure I enjoy this one.

Heater works. Its the button above the radio. I was using it this morning as it was a wee bit nippy. 

Nice to meet you Eddy. Hope the car serves you well. Happy it should have a new lease of life. 

Had a great drive over to meet you too, its a fantastic car to drive. Will miss it but prefer someone using it instead of it just sitting there rotting until I never get round to it. 

I dropped the Porsche off where the Jag lived yesterday and got a photo. 

IMG_20200101_133620.thumb.jpg.a933571c4038ec2350b6d0a788233267.jpg

Porsche is there for a bit but I'll probably bring it back tomorrow and the Legacy will be back on the road outside my house after a brief moment on the drive. 

Hopefully the welding isn't too painful. I'll try and remember how I got the radio code last time. Like I say John K might be able to help. 

Lovely to meet you too! 

The car will definitely be getting used.  Primarily it's to replace Le Limon as my daily, but as it's the right side of 20 years old it can go to shows too, so can also replace Huggy, at least for a while.  Until I get itchy feet again!

Work is due to commence on Tuesday so there'll be no more updates until after that.

Cheers Ken, but I only moved one on 12 months ago!

Jags ARE ace, yes, this is my second.  The first was in 2002-3 and was badged as a Daimler.  Does that count?  I mean it was a LWB XJ6 really.  I've been thinking for some time that I should have another, and an X308 seemed an ideal candidate.  When Mr Imp offered this one, I really had no choice.  I'm looking forward to pressing it into use.

Happy medium?  Definitely.  Cramped?  Not nearly as cramped as my old S2 Daimler.  I haven't sat in the back though, so I can't vouch for that, but at least there's room for my big feet.  Interior is two or three shades of grey, with the woodwork done in Piano Black.  On those terms, it doesn't feel very special, but it's well-enough put together and the seat is very good.  Speed, well it's a 3.2V8 so it'll take off when required!  It's smooth and quiet too.

These impressions have been formed on less than an hour's drive along A roads, in convoy, with a little fiddling around back streets at the end.  Longer acquaintence may force revisions.