Talk to me about Vel Satis’s

pauldoubleyou

Ok so I’ve been offered, as the guy who apparently likes cars, an mot expired vel satis. Top of the range but it’s a v6 3.5 and the guys after £750 for it. Test expired in June just gone.

c0ee0c379f2f85754421bd4e13bd3e56.jpg

Now it seems that the 2.2dci versions are cheap as chips, but there’s not really many petrol ones to compare it to.

Average miles at 92k and it’s a 2002. private plate etc, the engines alone (Nissan vq35?) seem to be listed at £1k plus on the eBay.

I’m just curious on the hive minds thoughts about either putting it through a test or breaking it.

The whole exercise would be a money maker in order to reroof my garage - I’ll be brutally honest - and with it being so odd and out there I just wondered if anyone’s had issues moving them on when selling. If it’s 2002 I’m presuming it’s not in the mega tax band at a 3.5v6?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would politely suggest that if you are looking for a money making plan, starting with an MOT expired 3.5V6 Velsatis made comprehensively of unobtainium is not a great place to start, breaking it could be worthwhile but would seem a shame (Just my view)

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

They are fascinating cars.

Would i take a punt on one just for the curiosity/rareness factor? Absolutely.

Would i take one on to try and make money on? ha.. No.

The only way to take one of these on is because you want to, eyes open that any costs incurred with it won't be seen back and getting rid is always going to be in "cut my losses" territory.

That said, if the thing was stupidly cheap and did just need brake pipes + basics like discs etc, it's probably a small profit, but i wouldn't bank on it being a quick or easy sale...because frankly, the only buyer for it would be some like above, who wants it for the curiosity factor, knowing they are probably throwing money down the drain.

Breaking? i don't think there's a massive demand for the V6. Again, likely to have most of it lying around for months/years.

As purely a money maker, it'd be a no go IMO