Fiat Croma Owna (+ other car related occurrences)

jmsguzzi

12 hours ago, lanciamatt said:

If my memory serves me correct the fiat twin cam dosnt have the balance shafts in the engine. I've got a idle control valve still sitting on a dedra turbo twin cam engine in garage if you end up needing one. 

Thanks for all the help!

I’ll have a go at the idle control valve tomorrow and keep you updated, I think I know what I’m looking for.

29 minutes ago, lanciamatt said:

Yes that's it, take it off and put ign on then look in it while plugging it in and you should see it move, and feel it too. 

Arghh didn’t think to do that!

I’ve had it off and cleaned it out with WD40 the best I could, didn’t try and take it apart though. Just been on a run for an hour or so and it’s still lumpy and cutting out on idle occasionally so it might be knackered. I’ll have it back off tomorrow and do what you suggested! 

6 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Arghh didn’t think to do that!

I’ve had it off and cleaned it out with WD40 the best I could, didn’t try and take it apart though. Just been on a run for an hour or so and it’s still lumpy and cutting out on idle occasionally so it might be knackered. I’ll have it back off tomorrow and do what you suggested! 

you'll prolly be better using icv cleaner or carb cleaner the wd40

9 minutes ago, loserone said:

Would be a bit* ambitious to try drag it and myself up there this month, I’ve only ventured as far as Hartlepool since passing me test?

We should definitely try and get a NE shiters gathering set up soon though, once I’ve sorted some of the Cromas more pressing issues.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:40 PM, Noel Tidybeard said:

you'll prolly be better using icv cleaner or carb cleaner the wd40

Definately ^ WD40 is rubbish for idle control valves that are sticky

If you don't have an ultrasonic bath and some solvent - manual method is normally quite effective

Remove it - 50% fill with carb cleaner

Fingers over holes - agitate for a few mins

Drain - note colour of liquid removed

Repeat until carb cleaner coming out after agitation is nearly same colour as new stuff going in