Fiat Croma Owna (+ other car related occurrences)

jmsguzzi

5 minutes ago, jmsguzzi said:

As a side note anyone in the North East know any garages/mechanics that are knowledgeable on old shite.

Search Google for Andy's garage, Annfield plain.  @scaryoldcortina on here and retro rides.

Top shiting, we'll have to sort a NE meet up in the near future. (I'm in Durham)

29 minutes ago, loserone said:

Search Google for Andy's garage, Annfield plain.  @scaryoldcortina on here and retro rides.

Top shiting, we'll have to sort a NE meet up in the near future. (I'm in Durham)

Definitely up for a meet, been lurking on this forum for years!

Infact, I blame you all for the impending stress and heartache lmao

31 minutes ago, BeEP said:

Wow, I can't stop looking at that interior!  I may be way off the mark here, but if you've been used to driving new stuff with featherlight steering I'd expect the Croma's to feel quite heavy even if working properly.

I expected it to be heavier than my S40 definitely but my Dad who used to have a Merc 190E drove it and also feels that it’s maybe a bit heavier than it should be along with a few on here who said their Cromas were a light steer. The gearchange is definitely something that I’ll have to get used to though! 

25 minutes ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

As a first car ? that is fantastic . Proper comfy interior  ( for an ape).

Guessing by your username you are not soo young but an ex biker with sore forearms, still an excellent transition from one old italian to another  .

I’m actually 23! It’s my third car in three months after a string of bad luck with the other two, Ibiza was written off and the Volvo was just a problematic temp until I could buy something like this. The usernames from helping my Dad restore his V50 Monza when I signed up here years ago, hence the Guzzi!

Steering. Pump the tyres up. Mine felt heavy till I took it up to mid 30)’s psi for a few weeks, then back to 30. Seemed to sort it.

Lumpy idle is cos it’s been sitting. Decent fuel & an Italian tune will almost certainly sort that. 

Well done, looks good.

10 minutes ago, nigel bickle said:

Steering. Pump the tyres up. Mine felt heavy till I took it up to mid 30)’s psi for a few weeks, then back to 30. Seemed to sort it.

Lumpy idle is cos it’s been sitting. Decent fuel & an Italian tune will almost certainly sort that. 

Well done, looks good.

Cheers will give it a go!

Very nice, love a croma, I've got 2 of its sisters (lancia thema). Clean out the idle control valve that should help the idle. If you need any help or owt, parts etc pm me. Ive got some good contacts for thema parts, and alot will fit these. There are 2 earth points at front that cause issues, there under head lights sort of near where subframe mounts at front. Clean them up. Pm if you need owt. Thanks matt