Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Just now, LabRat said:

Looking forwards to seeing this, achallenge you've set yourself.

You're more than welcome to have a go in the mg6 at some point too, now it's just about clear of all the giffer "improvements"

I’d be delighted to take you up on that offer at some point - dying to have a go in an MG6 and I don’t think a £500 one will happen in ‘20 (but you never know!)

I'm thinking I might try to do something similar.  My mojo for all things has been pretty low for the past few months, so I need to shake myself up and do something constructive.  

Potential swaps/deals etc would be most welcome. 

Did you ever watch the million pound property experiment? 

What you plan to do it s pointless unless you plan to make 20% your money each month.  

Jan 500

Feb 600

March 720

April 864

May 1036

June 1244

July 1492

August 1791

Sept 2149

Oct 2579

Nov 3095

Dec 3715

If 20% is realistic ? 

I was going to say double, but getting to a 4 million quid car seems much  less likely. 

3 hours ago, New POD said:

Did you ever watch the million pound property experiment? 

What you plan to do it s pointless unless you plan to make 20% your money each month.  

Jan 500

Feb 600

March 720

April 864

May 1036

June 1244

July 1492

August 1791

Sept 2149

Oct 2579

Nov 3095

Dec 3715

If 20% is realistic ? 

I was going to say double, but getting to a 4 million quid car seems much  less likely. 

51AD381C-380F-4940-8D34-C9CCB48B8EFE.gif.be4232ed0e351b82fce21756f34acdfe.gif

2 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Ace idea, it appears easy on the face of it but a month soon whips round, tying it in with real life/family/work etc is going to keep you busy! 

Looking forward to seeing the first car.

The more I think about the practicality of the timings, logistics etc the more I’m terrified. :D 

Swaps would make things a lot more manageable so keep your eyes peeled (everyone) for some frankly ridiculous deals as I start to get time poor ? 

The first car might be a little bit too new for hardcore shiters. Definitely in budget though, well under in fact. 

8 minutes ago, Mudster said:

Subscribed to Youtube channel and looking forward to the years content ?

Thanks! It’s a bit light on content at the moment because anything I bought to try and make videos with turned out to be too knackered to bother with ? - I’ll hopefully be able to have some longer term project videos running too, with the mk1 Clio and my Rover 216 Cabriolet that both require a fair bit of work. 

25 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

A guy did something similar a few years back on RR. I remember because he outbid me on an XM by £1.

Top read and cracking idea. Looking forward to your take on this, £500 limit is going to spice this way the f*ck up.

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/175664/twelve-cars-year

Never seen that before, reading it now! 

3 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Only has a couple of videos of me talking shite whilst driving a couple of very moderns at the moment, but it’s https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGuq53CkK-aU0NuleZeKEA/

That's a coincidence. I watched your intro video and subscribed a while back, and distinctly remember thinking "this chap must be on Autoshite" ?

Good luck with the challenge, looking forward to it already!

6 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

That's a coincidence. I watched your intro video and subscribed a while back, and distinctly remember thinking "this chap must be on Autoshite" ?

Good luck with the challenge, looking forward to it already!

Ha - no idea how you managed to find it (only really mentioned it here) but that’s awesome!

Have been lacking in motivation to make videos recently but I think having a clear goal and purpose to focus on is going to help with that for sure. Still feel like an absolute knob speaking to a camera mind 

3 hours ago, sdkrc said:

A guy did something similar a few years back on RR. I remember because he outbid me on an XM by £1.

Top read and cracking idea. Looking forward to your take on this, £500 limit is going to spice this way the f*ck up.

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/175664/twelve-cars-year

Only just finished reading that thread - what a journey! The losses were quite difficult to bear though - hopefully I’m mitigating that with the lower starting budget, given January’s car comes in under £200!

Above all the hassle of eBay messers seemed to be the longest recurring theme - hoping that cheapness will mean roffles and swaps can feature as the primary disposal methods for me!