Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Just now, warren t claim said:

As a 53 year old git I use YouTube as purely a watching exercise. I very rarely feel the need to comment on anything I watch.

Nothing wrong with that. Commenting, clicking like etc helps boost a video because YouTube likes interaction/engagement - but watch time is king at the end of the day. 

• 5 months later...

I get so many emails from random Chinese companies asking me to review their tat.  I've done it a few times and nobody watches the videos, so it's actually pretty harmful to the channel, but they just keep on coming.

Decided for 2024 I'm going to shake it up a bit - accept absolutely everything they send to me no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is, and make compilation videos unboxing/laughing at/demonstrating it 

This guy does a good job of it for tech stuff:

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT
14 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

I get so many emails from random Chinese companies asking me to review their tat.  I've done it a few times and nobody watches the videos, so it's actually pretty harmful to the channel, but they just keep on coming.

Decided for 2024 I'm going to shake it up a bit - accept absolutely everything they send to me no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is, and make compilation videos unboxing/laughing at/demonstrating it 

This guy does a good job of it for tech stuff:

If it gets small view numbers and damages the channel, why do it?

Or are you going to use a different channel?

18 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

If it gets small view numbers and damages the channel, why do it?

Or are you going to use a different channel?

Idea being I do it less frequently and try to make it more interesting rather than producing lots of videos dedicated to single products (which are what doesn’t do well) 

If the video looks like a shill review for tat, people aren't going to watch.

If it looks like a comedy compilation of "here's the worst tat I got sent this quarter" then I might watch.

Would you need to confirm with the tat senders that they are OK with their product being presented in a somewhat irreverent fashion?

9 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

If it looks like a comedy compilation of "here's the worst tat I got sent this quarter" then I might watch.

Would you need to confirm with the tat senders that they are OK with their product being presented in a somewhat irreverent fashion?

Definitely more in line with what I’m considering. I’ve told them they’ll appear alongside other products…. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...