Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 22/07/21 - FUCKSTICKS

It stalled at traffic lights and wouldn’t restart. Crank no start. 

After much fucking around and a couple of trips to the unit thanks to my far too understanding OH, I scanned the fault codes, erased them to no avail (camshaft position sensor) 

Whipped it off and cleaned it with some brake cleaner and it fired right up. 

I haven’t - AFAIK - replaced a crank sensor, only cam adjuster and cam sensor. Cam position sensor would be what, 8 years old now?

How’s the loom holding up? Only time I had stall/restart issues was my own idiocy in not tightening the battery clamps…

10 minutes ago, RichardK said:

I haven’t - AFAIK - replaced a crank sensor, only cam adjuster and cam sensor. Cam position sensor would be what, 8 years old now?

How’s the loom holding up? Only time I had stall/restart issues was my own idiocy in not tightening the battery clamps…

The loom looks to be in decent enough condition, can’t see anything suggesting it’s an issue. 

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 25/07/2021 - Hopeless Heroes is GO!

more random mk3 factz;

my mum was on 'celebrity squares' in 1996 (as a contestant, she isnt famous) and the prize was a canary yellow mk3 'sport' estate ! sadly she lost. 

a bit like this , obvs not barried;

See the source image

my dad had a 1.6 16v 'cesaro' model on a k plate in white which i thought was the bee's knee's when i was at scool , had some propper sporty / spotty seats  -wikid.

icn5Rg=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Why does every piece of work I try to do to a car turn into a complete fuck on?

Coolant change on Astra turned into a new radiator thanks to the outlet crumbling away as I removed the hose.

Installing the new radiator today I realised the electrical connector on the fan was completely mullered - I think it took a knock when it was sitting around. No hope of repairing it so I’ll be replacing the fan too 🤦‍♂️ 

🤞 it’ll make it to FOTU - I’ve bled the coolant and it’s running fine . New fan *should* arrive on Friday. 
F6AAF341-B697-427D-9088-875FEFC71C20.thumb.jpeg.ffd5d335d166af8b49ded2d5ef4c20c5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

My Swift is great fun thankyouverymuch.

Or are you referring to that rebadged Toyota thing you turned up at the FOD in?

@Kiltox You need to have a go in my Felicia - I bet that could out-misery the Astra...

Oh I do like a Felicia. Have owned three - a 1.9D estate and two 1.3s (estate and hatch). Woefully miserable but by god I love them. 

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 04/08/21 - FOTU video now live!

Great report. I feel rather bad that I know so few on here by name. I need to make more of an effort to show up at the FoD etc. As it is I'm just some kind of floating entity that swirls into AS when it suits. Like a fart.

I feel that the Astra and the 306 are kindred spirits in a way. Like with the Astra, the majority pics of the 306 out there on Twitter etc are mine. Both cars are at that point in existence where they just blend into the scenery and get ignored by society like chod white noise. I suppose if all the cars at FOTU truly were unexceptional by definition, everybody would just shrug their shoulders and walk off. That said, I'm slightly embarrassed by how much love the 306 has had on here, despite "only" being 25 years old.

• 2 weeks later...