Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Is the green strip legal on that? I'm guessing whoever made it, shouldn't have?

(Before the gammons start complaining about me being "triggered" by a reg plate, I think it's funny.  Maybe the people being triggered aren't the ones you think? 🤣)

16 minutes ago, loserone said:

Is the green strip legal on that? I'm guessing whoever made it, shouldn't have?

(Before the gammons start complaining about me being "triggered" by a reg plate, I think it's funny.  Maybe the people being triggered aren't the ones you think? 🤣)

Nope and nope. :D  Shows the utter futility of the thing though. 

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

Nope and nope. :D  Shows the utter futility of the thing though. 

You should have gone the full Monty and ordered 4D raised letter plates before they get outlawed in October. I think they'd suit* the car perfectly.

While I prefer old fonts for style and readabilty, those plates look new anyway so you're only replacing modern with modern, but funnier IMO.

37 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

You should have gone the full Monty and ordered 4D raised letter plates before they get outlawed in October. I think they'd suit* the car perfectly.

While I prefer old fonts for style and readabilty, those plates look new anyway so you're only replacing modern with modern, but funnier IMO.

The back one is original but it’s fucked. I’ll save it for the purists mind. 

1 minute ago, Kiltox said:

The back one is original but it’s fucked. I’ll save it for the purists mind. 

Unfucked but not period correct is better than fucked and cannot be arsed. We've got a collection of original plates from when we've done replacements on our cars, even if they are utterly ruined.

1 minute ago, Kiltox said:

Agreed, I like fresh plates. Only putting the green ones on to clickbait the EV lot mind :D 

Heh I think that'll be a world of fun! I like fresh plates as well, especially if the front and rear aren't matching. I'll try and get period correct ones because, well, why not? I'm kind of looking forward to who'll explode in the comments section.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, Kiltox said:

I’ll need to have a look through the paperwork to see if there’s any indication of it’s provenance. Not sure if I have a service book or not, the PDI stamp could be a useful clue. 

Can you not ask the DVLA for the onwers history any longer?

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 15/07/21 - IT’S FUCKING YELLOW

Took it out for a quick shakedown run last night, not too long but it really is pretty sorted mechanically - drives very well indeed! 

Exhaust is a bit lairy - do any of the previous owners know if it’s aftermarket or what?

Few minor bits and pieces need sorting, nothing major though!

Just to say, if you ever want it (The astra)  destroyed.

I have history.

Wrote off a K reg 1.4 LSi saloon in 2002.

Wrote off an M reg 1.4 LSi Hatch in 2004

Wrote off an R reg 1.6 Arctic Hatch in 2010. 

The 1.4 8v mpi engine had 78 bhp IIRC 

And the 1.6 8v spi had 82 Bhp I think. 

23 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

In the folder you find I printed out some of @RichardK blogs so the answer should be in there I think

Exhaust is factory, but the cat isn't awesome and the bracket for it was hanging by a thread three years ago. It was solid, but rattled a lot - but as it kept working it was lower on the priorities than say, NOS front wings which had been my plan at the start of 2018 before I met The Worst Person Ever.

The cat has a bracket that bolts to the gearbox. I'm not saying that is the source of the occasional rattle, but it's the most obvious thing and if the exaust is just making a sometimes, harsh rattle and a squeakrattle over bumps, that'd be my first point of call still.

Was put on house arrest yesterday, happy fucking freedom day indeed. Only for 3 days but it has stalled my plans for pissing about with cars. 

Astra smells of fuel when parked up. Seems a jubilee clip that holds a rubber hose that runs to the fuel tank from the filler neck has snapped. New one on order which will hopefully sort that out!

SLK radio was inop - checked the fuse and it was fine. Whipped it out and unplugged it, plugged it back in and it burst into life. Result. It’s a really decent modern unit with DAB, Bluetooth etc. Covers up the awful exhaust note a bit. Sorted. 

Can’t go to my unit until I’m a free man again 😔

A86A847A-C227-47DD-827F-467437470EE4.thumb.jpeg.f4a2a56b3ae834c530d5c35e4d436b41.jpeg

…. I couldn’t find black screw caps, will sort. 

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 20/07/21 - ISOLATION
1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

Was put on house arrest yesterday, happy fucking freedom day indeed. Only for 3 days but it has stalled my plans for pissing about with cars. 

Astra smells of fuel when parked up. Seems a jubilee clip that holds a rubber hose that runs to the fuel tank from the filler neck has snapped. New one on order which will hopefully sort that out!

SLK radio was inop - checked the fuse and it was fine. Whipped it out and unplugged it, plugged it back in and it burst into life. Result. It’s a really decent modern unit with DAB, Bluetooth etc. Covers up the awful exhaust note a bit. Sorted. 

Can’t go to my unit until I’m a free man again 😔

A86A847A-C227-47DD-827F-467437470EE4.thumb.jpeg.f4a2a56b3ae834c530d5c35e4d436b41.jpeg

…. I couldn’t find black screw caps, will sort. 

I didn't know Vauxhall made an Astra EV in the 90's?