Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

39 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Trying to clear the backlog. RAV4 MoT was due tomorrow so I chucked it in for a test at the first place I could find with availability - Halfords Autocentre 😬 

It passed :D. Now taxed and tested (it was on disabled tax, so I’ve had to sort that out at the post office and tax it for 6 months 🙄)

The invoice had a link to photos of a sort of live action photo shoot :lol: 

DF0F1660-CDE2-4D13-A57F-36934E21D663.thumb.jpeg.8c18f0b3ba3f13810f39ee0891575faf.jpeg

Show off. :( 

8 minutes ago, loserone said:

Wonder what they were doing with the lights off.  Any of them called Stu?

Is that now up for sale with a well worded advert?

It’ll be for sale once the V5 comes back but that might be a while - tax class change so it’s off to sit in the DVLA twilight zone for a bit. 

Immediate plan is to lend it to my FiL so I can service and MOT the bASe Dacia Duster - thinking some “UK’s cheapest SUV 4 years/40k miles on” type stuff might be forthcoming. 

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

It’s been pretty good so far - hasn’t needed anything. Don’t even think it needs front tyres yet. 

Had a new drivers seat cover under warranty, that’s it. 

Does the front seat rock back and forth when it's at it's lowest setting?

I test drove a Duster years ago, a new one, and it did that. I thought the seat was broken but the guy got me to sit in the showroom car and it did the same thing. 

Look forward to an update on your Duster. Mine hasn't turned a wheel since I had to hand it back nearly 2 years ago. Its finally been MOT'd though, possibly had an accident of some sort.

With the back seats down they are like a van, quite a big one at that. A proper estate with a cuboid shaped loadspace. The seats gave me a migraine on long trips though, although pretty much anything triggers one in me😅

• 4 weeks later...
  • Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 17/03/2021 - A big fuckin’ deal!
On 2/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, davehedgehog31 said:

I patched Facebook about 18 months or so back. I'd find myself compulsively scrolling through it, gleaning absolutely nothing of any benefit. 

Only useful part were the car groups, in particular the Peugeot 405 owners one. I do miss that, but not enough to go back.

I set up another FB account, on a newly set up email address, purely to join a few bike and car groups.

I have no friends on it, no details about me on it, and switched off notifications so don't ever go onto the email account I set up.

Not been onto my "own" account for quite a while, and see no reason too now. And I don't have to see some of the bollocks "friends" post up that I don't want to be associated with.

Quite enjoy it now (and I leave no comments either).

52 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

Looking forward to this. I quite like those. I'd love a base spec diesel with 4x4 but I don't think that was ever offered 

It was only available with the 1.6 NA petrol. It’s a good unit though - and the later ones like this are EU6!

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

Looking forward to the Duster report. I miss ours. Thanks to the little Nazis at a certain supermarket bank making me redundant in 2019 I don't have it any more and according to the DVLA it hasn't turned a wheel since.

Where did you sell it to? Mental that it hasn’t moved since!

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 23/03/21 - A shocking acquisition!