Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

2 hours ago, ChampionRabbit said:

If you would like a knock off GoPro (or two, I forget) I have, and would happily send in support of your endeavours! You could maybe use as consumables for exterior driving shots while driving or whatever? PM me your address if your fancy 'em. No charge, obvs!

I very nearly lost my GoPro (I’ve just misplaced it this time okay??) doing just that - check out the last few seconds of my first video ? 

7 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Re the wheel dragging, have you stripped down the brakes, might be sticking 

Clunk when taking off could also be the wishbone bushes. 

The wheel dragging is the description from the previous owner, I wouldn’t describe it like that, tbh. 

It rides as expected, doesn’t bash about over bumps etc - I would reckon the suspension is in decent shape (there’s a few recent bills, too)

11 hours ago, fatharris said:

Your channel advert came up on my FB feed.

I'll be honest, I recognised the steering rack error message picture first emoji23.png

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Same here, when I clicked the youtube link I recognized it instantly! It must be some algorithm based on what you have viewed on you're phone?

10 hours ago, sierraman said:

Definitely, you can do a lot with that program. 

Will try it out tomorrow, see if it sheds more light on the state of the steering system than my Delphi did. Suspect it won’t but will hopefully be able to code / calibrate replacement parts as required 

13 hours ago, Kiltox said:

This is an interesting/useful document - the Focus uses a very similar TRW steering system. http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_259.pdf

..... Ford didn’t spec a pump with a dipstick built in though, joy. 

I worked in a team at Lucas Industries, who worked with the Engineering team from Lucas Car braking at Fen End on the requirements of an electrically assisted power steering system in 1993.  It was the first time we'd used QFD1 in anger. 

Lucas Car Braking (Girling) ended up being owned by TRW.  One requirement was a mac £100 for the whole system IIRC 

32 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Already sorted one but thanks :D 

It’ll be up for roffle I expect. Maybe a little more than £200 though. 

Fucking hell. £220?

Seriously though, am following your work with interest. Your vids were even recommended to me on FB today so you've clearly gone viral!

Much as I love my Mk1 Focus I'm keen to try a mk2 so will be well in for a roffle (if applicable) on this.

1 hour ago, mrbenn said:

Fucking hell. £220?

Seriously though, am following your work with interest. Your vids were even recommended to me on FB today so you've clearly gone viral!

Much as I love my Mk1 Focus I'm keen to try a mk2 so will be well in for a roffle (if applicable) on this.

I'm definitely in for a roffle for exactly the same reason! Although most likely I'll be donating it to my little boys mum to ferry him around in :)

5 minutes ago, ChampionRabbit said:

Have you had a chance to look at the spark plugs? These are the 'washer water pooling round the plugs' years I think; just wondered if the plugs are removable or stuck firm ref future raffle!

If that's the case here is a workaround, basically fitting a Volvo cover on to stop any water ingress:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29570-solution-to-water-in-plug-ports/