Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Oh god, I remember having one of those sodding things in my old aircooled Beetle. It produced a very weak stream of lukewarm air. Once. And then it promptly ceased to function permanently.

Absolute fucking toss. In my defence, I was 18 at the time and didn't know any better. 

I've got a PCIe card on my desk that is chucking out there times the wattage as heat. It does warm my small office up, but it takes a good few hours from an already warm house!

The 150w heated might be just about ok to run across the windscreen to melt a light frost. 

22 minutes ago, SiC said:

The 150w heated might be just about ok to run across the windscreen to melt a light frost. 

I tried defrosting a windscreen with mine once.  If the heater is placed an inch or less from the windscreen, it will - after a few minutes - defrost and clear an area roughly the size and shape of the heater itself.  Of course you can't then see out of said clear area as the heater is an inch away from it, but there you go.

6 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I tried defrosting a windscreen with mine once.  If the heater is placed an inch or less from the windscreen, it will - after a few minutes - defrost and clear an area roughly the size and shape of the heater itself.  Of course you can't then see out of said clear area as the heater is an inch away from it, but there you go.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Pointing the "hot" end about an inch away from the windscreen and running up/down it. 

4 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Have you seen that channel of the guy that does driveway mobile clutches. What a fucking awful way to earn a living laying on your arse fitting clutches on the floor, it’s wank enough on a ramp let alone laid in the rain on a driveway 5 days a week. Madman!

I’ve seen them.  He looks like he’s got them off to a fine art.  But it does look like a hard way to earn a living.  

I wonder what he charges for a typical transverse fwd jobbie?  Are people using him over a garage because they’ve let it get so bad that they don’t think it’ll make it to a garage?

4 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Have you seen that channel of the guy that does driveway mobile clutches. What a fucking awful way to earn a living laying on your arse fitting clutches on the floor, it’s wank enough on a ramp let alone laid in the rain on a driveway 5 days a week. Madman!

No..... Sounds gr9 <sadism> .....linkkie?

8 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Completely agree. Watched one of his vids. Thought he was a bit of a hero. But couldn't bring myself to watch another. Watching someone intentionally torture themselves is not for me. A very hard way to earn a crust.

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 29/04/21 - Dirty, dirty clickbait