Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

12 minutes ago, stephen01 said:

I love the direction you've gone with the electric videos, a serious question. My MIL is taking delivery of a nissan leaf this month and the FIL is looking at a Tesla or Merc EQC, what home charger would you recommend? @Kiltox

Is the Leaf new? 

Assuming it is, all of those cars will be Type 2.  They’re also all capable of scheduling their own charging (unlike my MG was) so you don’t need to go too extra on the charger itself. 

It then comes down to whether you want tethered or untethered and how important aesthetics are. 

PodPoint make a cheapish, reliable charger but it’s a bit bulky and ugly. 

EO make very small, slick looking units but they’re only really good for untethered - you lose the advantage of it being small if you have a cable permanently attached 

HyperVolt are a newcomer that people are making a lot of noise about. Bit blingy but well featured. 

Avoid BP Pulse (huge waiting times and shit customer service) and Rolec (poor quality)

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 08/09/21 - HOT NEW FEATURE

I'm surprised they haven't tried to sell gold plated rapid flow charger cables for increased electron flow or some shite for 5x the price.

They did this with expensive HDMI cables and the fact it was gold plated or was teflon insulated made 0 different compared to the amazon basics ones as it's a digital signal.

57 minutes ago, cort16 said:

I'm surprised they haven't tried to sell gold plated rapid flow charger cables for increased electron flow or some shite for 5x the price.

They did this with expensive HDMI cables and the fact it was gold plated or was teflon insulated made 0 different compared to the amazon basics ones as it's a digital signal.

Have you met EV drivers? 

Someone posted on one of the big FB groups the other day that they work for a charity and the chargers at a site they look after are being abused - PodPoint that gives you a 15 min grace period to confirm the charge in the app. People are sitting there charging for 15 mins for free, unplugging then plugging back in to avoid paying. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Have you met EV drivers? 

Someone posted on one of the big FB groups the other day that they work for a charity and the chargers at a site they look after are being abused - PodPoint that gives you a 15 min grace period to confirm the charge in the app. People are sitting there charging for 15 mins for free, unplugging then plugging back in to avoid paying. 

Are electric cars not slowly moving away from eco warrior every pounds a prisoner types who'd pedal the car if they could to more normal people now?