Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

1 minute ago, tapir said:

looking forward to seeing progress Kiltox, great project.

The RR thread from a few back back was great, worth noting the hassle he had with eBay selling - perhaps you could mitigate some of this with roffles?

Anyhow, HNY and good luck!

Thanks! 

The eBay hassle does seem strong in that thread - I am definitely hoping to avoid that!

49 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

This sounds like a recipe for stress, I much prefer to buy and sell cars without deadlines.

I hear you. Never been one for the easy quiet life, me ? 

38 minutes ago, J-T said:

Look forward to reading/watching - what about shifting them on? Surely if one takes a while you’ll end up with multiple cars? Costs can quickly mount! Not in any way trying to put you off btw, it sounds entertaining (for us)

There’s always the auctions if needs be. Agree it’s a risk mind!

I suspect the reality will be that buying and selling exactly one a month will be less achievable than 12 in a year!

Looking forward to spectating on the adventure man. 

It's not a hard feat really though. Think I did 10 this year not including roffle wins after vowing no more cars. If you've trade insurance it should be a walk in the park. Most of my wages seems to go on insurance admin fees. 

56 minutes ago, rantingYoof said:

You could go to Cannock on 1st February to get the second bargain*.

I'm sure the rest of us wouldn't be any sort of bad influence.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I will almost certainly attend Cannock at some point in the year to do this. Maybe even a “one out one in” type deal where I flog the outgoing car in the same sale :D  

1 hour ago, rantingYoof said:

You could go to Cannock on 1st February to get the second bargain*.

I'm sure the rest of us wouldn't be any sort of bad influence.

We let him drive in, and send his outgoing car around the block. Then we tie him up and stick him in someone's boot and nick his bank card and camera and bid and film for him during the afternoon. Then film ourselves untying him but blindfolding him, marching him over to pay and then tell him what we bought... 

Sure the auctioneer will be cool* with that

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

We let him drive in, and send his outgoing car around the block. Then we tie him up and stick him in someone's boot and nick his bank card and camera and bid and film for him during the afternoon. Then film ourselves untying him but blindfolding him, marching him over to pay and then tell him what we bought... 

Sure the auctioneer will be cool* with that

On a similar note, and with apologies for the thread hijack, the Cannock massive should do another mystery roffle. I'd definitely be up for a couple of randoms. 

I see your train from New Street to Northampton stops at every glorified field with a station on the way.

My condolences.

Look out for the awesome scrappy just after leaving New Street. It's on the same side as the go-kart track.

I think.

Vaguely remember seeing a nearly new 1 Series in it on the way to hand in my dissertation.

This sounds like a great plan! I’ve subscribed (I was your 100th subscriber what do I win?) and look forward to your adventure!

Tis interesting how many people are doing YouTube content these days. I’ve considered doing it, even filmed a video... just never got round to editing it!

I’m sure there would be at least 4 people interested in very slow progress Yugo restoration videos ??

Your doing it the right way! A nice steady stream of loyal people who want to sub to you. 

Remember to have a good copy and paste bit for every video description, under the tailored bit to say sub etc, sneak in funny ways to say please subscribe etc. 

Your a car channel so you'll be popular. I'm on 3,065 subs after 10 years. Should challenge you to beat that in 2!

3 hours ago, brownnova said:

This sounds like a great plan! I’ve subscribed (I was your 100th subscriber what do I win?) and look forward to your adventure!

Tis interesting how many people are doing YouTube content these days. I’ve considered doing it, even filmed a video... just never got round to editing it!

I’m sure there would be at least 4 people interested in very slow progress Yugo restoration videos ??

You'd get at least 50 from here and then about 50,000 from former Yugoslav states.

5 hours ago, Kiltox said:

What setup do you have for editing? I just use iMovie on my Mac at the moment, it’s alright I suppose. 

My pc (2600x 32gb ram rx570 built by @gnomeot) and Davinci Resolve for the editing, and my hooky copy of Sony Vegas to make my titles as I don't know how to do it in resolve yet.

My resolve this year is to learn how to use resolve more, I use it to a tenth of its capacity. Maybe a graphics card change as @gnomeot read that nvidia plays nicer with resolve so I'll buy a nice bargain little nvidia card and give Gareth my rx570 for his media centre/naked on the sofa gaming pc.

I use a free account with Canva for my thumbnails. And massive spreadsheets to plan and log everything, and the best part of 5tb filled up with videos and images of bloody hoovers! Need to sort that, but should be fine for this year at least