Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

On 8/15/2022 at 10:47 PM, Kiltox said:

Fuck me, here we go. Every video seems to get the the point where the nutters descend eventually - bit quicker than usual on this one. 

F90F8A7E-BF9C-480B-9687-28714349B84E.png

The Citroen Ami seems an odd motor to pick this battle with. 

I've always thought that the lack of tailpipe emissions and relatively low cost of the energy have caused manufacturers and consumers to lose sight of efficiency and overall environmental impact. Hence the popularity of massive SUVs like that enormous Tesla turd, utterly inappropriate for 90% of journeys. The accusations in his comments probably hold some weight with those kind of cars.

The Ami looks great. Really hope we see uptake of this type of vehicle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 14/09/22 - PROPER PRIZE PRICK
On 8/25/2022 at 9:02 AM, davehedgehog31 said:

The Citroen Ami seems an odd motor to pick this battle with. 

I've always thought that the lack of tailpipe emissions and relatively low cost of the energy have caused manufacturers and consumers to lose sight of efficiency and overall environmental impact. Hence the popularity of massive SUVs like that enormous Tesla turd, utterly inappropriate for 90% of journeys. The accusations in his comments probably hold some weight with those kind of cars.

The Ami looks great. Really hope we see uptake of this type of vehicle. 

I agree with the sentiment but history suggests we'll never gel with smol, lightweight, energy-efficient vehicles. 

We're too used to 2-tonne armchairs now, why would anyone downgrade to a deck chair?

History is littered with well-intentioned failures like the C5 (Sinclair, not Citroen) and Honda Insight among many others. 

That said I'm all for the Ami and am eagerly awaiting the electric revolution when it finally brings us affordable, no-frills electric transport. And not Audi etron, Tesla cybertruck nonsense. 

"Vegan Leather"

Its fucking vinyl.
My 1979 Fiesta Base came clad in that shit. I had to buy some Halfrauds seat covers to stop me burning my arse in summer.

I get the impression that Misery Loves Company and the reason that so many Tesla owners go off on one is they realise that their £60K car is really a bit shit. And they could have spent a fraction of that on something and the rest on coke and hookers.

I STILL want to see these imported to the UK...

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/07/wuling-mini-ev-introduced-in-europe-as-freze-nikrob-ev/

I think as per the average cult, they are pulled in by the headline stuff about the flashy screen and the auto driving and the 0-60 in 1.97 seconds and whatnot and pay a fairly hefty price to join the club.

They later discover that the thing is built by children with pritt-stick and the dealers are not that arsed about fixing them. Being so invested in the club/cult they hare forced to double down on how wonderful it is to distract them from the fact their £60k dream machine actually has the design quality and QC of a plus-size golf cart with an ipad nailed to the dash.

14 hours ago, grogee said:

I agree with the sentiment but history suggests we'll never gel with smol, lightweight, energy-efficient vehicles. 

We're too used to 2-tonne armchairs now, why would anyone downgrade to a deck chair?

History is littered with well-intentioned failures like the C5 (Sinclair, not Citroen) and Honda Insight among many others. . 

How about the VW Beetle in America during the 1950s and ‘60s?  They sold literally millions of them when the average car was almost twice the size and had an engine 3 or 4 times bigger.

13 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

"Vegan Leather"

Its fucking vinyl.

Reminds me of Mercedes calling their vinyl 'MB-tex' to make it sound more 'premium'. Nothing changes I suppose.

My favourite line about Tesla is that they're not a car manufacturer but a tech company that happens to make cars (damning with faint praise).

6 hours ago, grogee said:

Not familiar with that but I do love a curio. Do you have a pic?

Twas a DAFt idea, apparently:

IMG_0279

Or the Corgi version:

Image 1 - R&L Diecast: Vintage Corgi 283 Whizzwheels Osi Daf City Car, Microcar, Boxed

This is the 1966 DAF O.S.I.-City, built in Turin, Italy. With a 750 cc engine and a Variomatic. On the left side it has a big sliding door.

Definately before it's time.

7 hours ago, garethj said:

How about the VW Beetle in America during the 1950s and ‘60s?  They sold literally millions of them when the average car was almost twice the size and had an engine 3 or 4 times bigger.

Yeah true, the exception that proves the rule maybe. I can't think of another smol car that tempted Americans out of their land yachts though. 

We sold a few Minis here and on the continent but both Mini and Beetle were 'proper' cars with four seats, four wheels and able to cruise on a motorway.

I was kind of thinking of the microcar/quadricycle type thing, although I know they did well after the war.