Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Just now, FakeConcern said:

@Kiltox I had been thinking I should start to think about getting a BEV sometime in the future and this video has made me think I'll leave it a bit longer! However, have you reviewed the BMW i3 somewhere? I couldn't see that you had done so on your youtube channel.

I haven’t. I will at some point though for sure!

I promised I’d show the good and the bad. It might put you off but ask yourself how often you’d need to use these chargers. Also look at if there’s any InstaVolt chargers near you. 

35 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Fuck me, mention a newspaper and they lose their minds

18CA78F7-2A91-4B84-9951-0CF16E105793.thumb.png.2253099ef6a4e15960785e13a486816b.png

Seems that if anything that mentions something with political alignment is pasted onto social media, some nutcase somewhere will get annoyed. It partly makes me rather happy the only real social media I'm subscribed to is Instagram (which isn't great at the best of times either).

46 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Fuck me, mention a newspaper and they lose their minds

18CA78F7-2A91-4B84-9951-0CF16E105793.thumb.png.2253099ef6a4e15960785e13a486816b.png

Literally the only thing of truth on the Daily Fail is the date, and even then you need to double check a calendar. 

Plus you only have to see the comments under an article about Lewis Hamilton to see what counts for "sensible".

But, that said, it's people like David Buckland who keep the chap who writes the instructions for shampoo bottles busy. And we don't need another person out of work. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

The only thing worse is one make owners club people. Someone linked to one of my videos in the Facebook group and they’re losing their fucking minds because I don’t gush about how it’s the best thing ever :lol: 

Funny you mention that. I was sat here yesterday wondering about something to do with the RAV4, and I was going to ask the question on the RAV4 Mk1 group. But I stopped, because no one on the RAV4 groups really answer proper technical questions. All you get is "ne1 got a lift kit 4 rav?", "wot tires u got", "how do i get wireless key start plz". Apparently pointing out that the RAV4 isn't really on a par with proper 4x4 vehicles isn't allowed and that you're a massive knob for it. And the Peugeot 3008 group is even worse for that sort of thing. People coming on asking whether they should buy a 3008, I send them the long story over my 5 years of it and say it's a hateful thing, apparently that's not on even though the group is awash with people moaning about various things breaking on them.

I think, if anything, if you want a one make group to have a nice time of solitude on you should be on the Lada and irish Corolla groups. None of that mouth breathing nonsense there!

I patched Facebook about 18 months or so back. I'd find myself compulsively scrolling through it, gleaning absolutely nothing of any benefit. 

Only useful part were the car groups, in particular the Peugeot 405 owners one. I do miss that, but not enough to go back.

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 04/02/2021 - Shut up, Derek!
1 hour ago, hairnet said:

you know the think before you speak

always knew there was a look at keys before you type :D

panda update m9?

Was planning on some panda time last Sunday when the charging drama fucked my day. Hopefully get to it this week. 

This is going tomorrow, off to another mentalist rather than the bridge though!

A1AFBAC3-17B1-4DD0-9961-4EB468DBBD9A.thumb.jpeg.6de4a4d1ddaa626ed485f455b3293355.jpeg598C3919-83B8-4C8E-B0DD-13B4C3DBB47B.thumb.jpeg.1dd9d6fa37d60816858c517703cd89e7.jpeg

56 minutes ago, loserone said:

Recommendations please.

If you want to learn the hard way with hand tools then Paul Sellers, though anyone with power tools will find his videos fantastic but frustrating. 

A lot of the American videos get a slating, which when you watch New Yankee workshop with his $10,000 bandsaw and his full array of Festool kit it makes you feel a bit useless. Rag and Bone Brown is another good one from U.K. 

Some good videos particularly round cabinet building from America, they love a French Cleat over there. 

Watched a random video a while back where a guy builds a 100 tray storage unit from pallet wood, planing each bit down and gluing it, it looked like torture - a funny comment was ‘at 17:52 that bang was the door slamming after his wife walked out...’ that made me laugh.