Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Just now, Split_Pin said:

WBAC, had no choice and I needed to cut my cloth according to being out of work in the immediate  future.

Good luck with the Kangoo!  

That’s absolutely nuts. You sold it well before the Covid chaos, so where the hell is it?! 😳 

I assume it’s sitting in the back of someone’s yard somewhere having bought it at auction but WHY??

14 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I sold it to WBAC in July 2019 and it changed owners in October 2019. It had its first MOT in January 2021 nearly a year late but hasn't been taxed since January 2020. 

Oh I see! So it was sold by them to a trader who has sold it and now who knows what’s going on with it!

Granted my one is sans MoT at the moment :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 01/04/21 - April fucking fool.

I was watching that Saving Salvage channel and the guy did quite an honest video on how he finances all the various fancy Audi's and stuff he's switching up.

The answer is he took a giant bank loan at the start and switches stuff around on interest free credit cards to finance the builds.

I doubt very much he's making anything on the cars but I suspect he's at least breaking even.

Do you think this is a thing with car you tubers hawking themselves up with debt to fund the latest thing on their channel? I know Hoovies garage it pretty open about his debt levels but I also suspect he already came from quite a wealthy family.

30 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

It’s definitely a thing. Have a look at TGE TV. He’s a bawbag but he knows his way around some crippling debt. 

He should have that in his linkedin profile. "I'm a bawbag, but a bawbag who knows his way around crippling debt,  please follow."

On 4/1/2021 at 10:47 PM, cort16 said:

I know Hoovies garage it pretty open about his debt levels but I also suspect he already came from quite a wealthy family.

I think the YouTube stuff pretty much pays for the cars but nothing more. I know Car Wizard has mentioned that Hoovie is from a wealthy family. He also owns a bunch of frozen snack franchises too and does that as a day job. I've also notice that, when he a big repair on a car, the video usually contains a 2 to 5 minute segment plugging a product. 

Basically it seems that he's living our dream. Buy a load of old rammel that takes your fancy and then throw a few 10 to 20 minute videos up every week to fund them. 

2 minutes ago, SiC said:

I think the YouTube stuff pretty much pays for the cars but nothing more. I know Car Wizard has mentioned that Hoovie is from a wealthy family. He also owns a bunch of frozen snack franchises too and does that as a day job. I've also notice that, when he a big repair on a car, the video usually contains a 2 to 5 minute segment plugging a product. 

Basically it seems that he's living our dream. Buy a load of old rammel that takes your fancy and then throw a few 10 to 20 minute videos up every week to fund them. 

The fact his granny had a 500 SL she gave him and his dad had a 911 turbo hints to some family wealth never mind the yacht and lake side lodge . Fair play to him though he seems to have a formula and If they can buy him some nice cars along he way then he’s doing pretty well.

I imagine a lot of the demographic for car videos on YouTube run ad blockers too. Possibly the longer videos (like mustie1 does) may do better as more likely to be sat watching it on TV where adblocking is harder/less likely?

I got the impression with Hoovie that he gets several thousand per video and enough money to pay for the work done in that video. Car Wizard is probably doing the best out of it. Not only does he get money from Tyler but also his own channel brings in many 100k of views per video. The material he does has little cost associated to produce it too as they're often customers cars he's featuring and/or working on. 

As has been mentioned above, you'd need to be able to offer significant exposure before a company are going to offer anything that's going to make a significant dent in overall car channel running costs. 

When you're operating inside tight financial constraints, the last thing you want is those financial accounts being compromised. That's where our sponsor NordVPN come in. Protect your information from interception when using public WiFi networks. It works on up to five devices and as a one off to you good people, Nord will do you an exclusive two year plan for just $26.99, use the code "shitehawk" at the checkout. Now on with the video. 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:47 PM, cort16 said:

I know Hoovies garage it pretty open about his debt levels but I also suspect he already came from quite a wealthy family.

Debt isn't ever really debt when you can pay it all off in a oner if ever needs be and still have a comfortable life and/or the huge assets you got into debt over to then sell off and recoup the money again. Which is pretty much Hoovies situation even outwith whatever he makes on Youtube to bolster it.

He really gets on my tits these days though, this whole tagline thing he pushes of 'dumbest automotive channel in all of youtube' is just utterly farcical when he's saying it in his private 12 car garage of a huge house, in front of 3 lambos, and Ferrari and an Aston martin. yeah mate, clearly so dumb when regardless of your background finances, you can do that..... The only people that are dumb are those believing he's dumb. He's worked out a very specific formula and sticks rigidly to it.

The Car Wizard definitely has the plum job in all of this. He knows he has an almost endless supply of big ticket jobs for the camera, that he can flesh out to the max (because when it comes to selling on a Youtubers car, everything has to be done right for both their reputations sake) whereas on a normal punters car, a lot would be left undone until it wore out more. The advertising that actually pays him to advertise as well as the benefits that reaps, he virtually has a completely foolproof cash cow.

31 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

his whole tagline thing he pushes of 'dumbest automotive channel in all of youtube' is just utterly farcical when he's saying it in his private 12 car garage of a huge house, in front of 3 lambos, and Ferrari and an Aston martin. yeah mate, clearly so dumb when regardless of your background finances, you can do that..... 

I've stopped watching Hoovies Garage because of this. He's definitely a decent fellow but I'm not sure I can stomach much more of the dumbo routine. He's easily a multi-millionaire, just in assets. 

I'm gradually stopping watching US car channels now, it's all the same stuff and they're all besotted with outdoing each other with the latest supercar or hanger-sized workshop. None of this is achievable for 99% of the world's population? 

Still really enjoy the UK channels though. 

Just now, Rusty_Rocket said:

I've stopped watching Hoovies Garage because of this. He's definitely a decent fellow but I'm not sure I can stomach much more of the dumbo routine. He's easily a multi-millionaire, just in assets. 

I'm gradually stopping watching US car channels now, it's all the same stuff and they're all besotted with outdoing each other with the latest supercar or hanger-sized workshop. None of this is achievable for 99% of the world's population? 

Genuine people such as Mustie1, VGG and Junkyard Digs are entertaining and educational, plus they give real enthusiasm to what they do and they show mechanical stuff, metal fabrication etc.

I stopped watching Hoovie because he began capitalising on his dumb automotive decisions... his videos have become way too sickly for me to watch. Still, he's found a large audience.

There’s is some weird shit going on with Samcrac and his step mum/ex p0rn star and rich rebuilds and his Instagram model assistant . Their videos are turning into one of those saucy 70s window cleaners films and they no longer seem to fix any cars .

1 hour ago, SiC said:

I imagine a lot of the demographic for car videos on YouTube run ad blockers too. Possibly the longer videos (like mustie1 does) may do better as more likely to be sat watching it on TV where adblocking is harder/less likely?

I always use an ad blocker and I've noticed that they get around it by actually reading out the advert themselves, Vtuned does this and looks suitably embarrassed as he does it. TR Hamza made me laugh when he read out an advert for Harry's razors while sporting a full beard (he could hardly keep a straight face).

Randy at Auto Auction Rebuilds, recently did a break down of Vehicle costs & youtube revenue...lost big time on sales , but more than made up for it via youtube in the region of 1/2 a million dollars in 12 months..

Hoovie is OK, but as stated anyone that has 3 Lambo's and pleads poverty needs to be kneecapped.....samcrac I'm sorry but he bores the tits off me..and have you noticed the latest trend for youtubers is a Fire engine.....1st was a Lambo - then a Huge garage.shed.racetrack...then some stupid BMW, now bloody fire engines!!!!!

Watch JRgo Used to be great viewing, but since hes had the "shop" hes hardly even looked at 90% of his cars, still waiting for the Rolls LS to be finished..

1 hour ago, Rusty_Rocket said:

It's all an act. He plays dumb, like he haemorrhages cash on every car, is useless with cars, doesn't know the engine from the boot at times and just falls lucky now and again.

Truth is, he's a rich, smart fella, knows his audience, knows his business, knows how to milk all the money he can via what cars and content to show and when and knows exactly what he's doing/talking about. He just doesn't need to get his own hands dirty and can use the fake uselessness for 'funny' from time to time to string out content.

the formula is this

Buys car- (often sight unseen, because he can, it's zero risk to him)

1st video in his garage with it talking about what it is and why he bought it (always leaving out the part that it's just content, such is youtube life). Ends with a short drive where he notices 'something'.

2nd video is taking it to the Car Wizard/Ninja to get it inspected all over and a bill, then either driving home or leaving with another finished car.

3rd video is the fixing and collection, (insert Hoovie making shocked pikachu face at cost)

4th video is an update/plans/new issues found (If none, skip 5th)

5th video is re-fixing and or modifying  and or paint/bodywork and a test drive

6th video is why he's selling it. (neatly leaving out the fact that it was all for content and views are dropping off so it's done its job and outlived its usefulness).

There might be the odd mention of them in another cars video or general garage updates in between, but that's pretty much his formula. 5-6 videos from the unveil to the sale.

There are clearly cars he likes that he keeps because he can, but notice he never makes any content on them unless something spectacular goes wrong?, Been a constant trend and has admitted himself from time to time in vids that it's simply because they just don't get enough views (which shows he's far from clueless at what he's doing and has it planned down to what level to bin making content on each car).

The guy is a loaded, ex car dealer, successful franchise businessman....and we're meant to believe he's fucking clueless, knows zero on cars, can't do a thing and a terrible businessman running himself into ruin, whilst sat with a fleet of cars no normal person can afford 1 of?, When he calls his channel 'the dumbest' he's not referring to himself, more his audience..... (And i say that as someone who does watch now and then and doesn't mind it, but can see it for what it is, lightweight and largely fictional entertainment).

Speaking of others, Samcrac is a bore. Sort of the opposite to Hoovie. Hoovie claims to know nothing but knows the dumb act is the channel, Samcrac plays the expert but ultimately knows fuck all and anything beyond slapping some bolt on panels on, is quickly way out his depth. But again, he knows his audience and knows when to fold on content, hence why he actually finishes very few cars. I'm pretty confident if he didn't live on a farm, where he has virtually unlimited space to deposit cars and work on them, he'd not be a youtuber at all.

Rich Rebuilds actually is a smart guy and does seem to know his stuff and i like his humour. Very sarcastic.

Tavarish was good when he was working out his garage, but the second he got that Lambo and the channel blew up, hasn't been the same. Got even worse since he moved into the shop and hired a mechanic to work alongside him. It's just rebuilds with all the rebuilding cut out.

Cleetus is another actor (hence it's not even his name, he's playing a character), another 'dumb' who is actually a smart businessman. The racing content is pretty good, but the whole OTT AMERICA! thing is wearing.

But the one i utterly, utterly detest is actually a UK one.... Hubnut 😉🤣 (Joking)

It's Car Throttle. Complete Top Gear knock off done by 3 try hard wannabe wide boys. And their Clarkson....Sorry, i mean, Alex, i'd never tire of punching. Smug, vain, shouty prick. Spends most the video trying to look massive, flexing muscles , utter tit.

10 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

But the one i utterly, utterly detest is actually a UK one.... Hubnut 😉🤣 (Joking)

It's Car Throttle. Complete Top Gear knock off done by 3 try hard wannabe wide boys. And their Clarkson....Sorry, i mean, Alex, i'd never tire of punching. Smug, vain, shouty prick. Spends most the video trying to look massive, flexing muscles , utter tit.

That Alex boy is an utter bunnet. Spends the entire video wandering about like he's shifting a pair of rolled up carpets. 

4 hours ago, SiC said:

I remember @motorpunk saying that the YouTube adverts on the channel he features on barely pay the office coffee and tea budget. 😲

...but then they may like expensive coffee? 😆

As @Kiltoxmentions, getting paid for product placement is probably the only way to make any money at all unless you have genuinely many millions of views. Even product placement needs a tangible tie in so the sponsor can see what money they’re earning from it. 99% of YouTubers claiming to make proper money at this are bullshitting. All those super car wankers are winging it.

Anyone watching my mate Paul Bacon? 

(Good luck Kiltox 👍)