Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

On 04/02/2021 at 12:17 PM, Kiltox said:

The only thing worse is one make owners club people.

I have quite often joined one make forums when thinking about potential opportunities for chod.

Saab and Volvo forums are good, generally people like the brand's but acknowledge their faults. I guess that the majority of content is for older cheaper cars which may temper expectations a bit.... 

The missus has a leased Seat Arona and that forum is bizzare, I think most on there are not 'car people' so some truly strange opinions. I wonder if similar is true of the MG Facefuck group.

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 05/02/2021 - URGENT RENAULT UPDATE!
5 hours ago, sierraman said:

If you want to learn the hard way with hand tools then Paul Sellers, though anyone with power tools will find his videos fantastic but frustrating. 

A lot of the American videos get a slating, which when you watch New Yankee workshop with his $10,000 bandsaw and his full array of Festool kit it makes you feel a bit useless. Rag and Bone Brown is another good one from U.K. 

Some good videos particularly round cabinet building from America, they love a French Cleat over there. 

Watched a random video a while back where a guy builds a 100 tray storage unit from pallet wood, planing each bit down and gluing it, it looked like torture - a funny comment was ‘at 17:52 that bang was the door slamming after his wife walked out...’ that made me laugh. 

Pask Makes is also worth a shout.

3 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

Have you considered doing a video each quarter where you read and discuss the dumbest comments from all of Modern Heroes' social media? That would tie in well with the merch and would fire up the absolute fucknuggets like Mike there

Oh yes yes yes! Would be a bit like John Cadogan's Nutfest videos where he dismantles the people that spout shit on his videos' comments. Informative and entertaining I find.

2 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Once my channel is actually big enough to warrant selling merch I think I’m going to put the best of the comments on it - like a mug with the logo on one side and the musings of Keith, 74 on the other. 

"I'm a member of Facebook's MG ZS EV group. So yes, I am a cunt"

You can have that bumper sticker for free!

54 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

Have you considered doing a video each quarter where you read and discuss the dumbest comments from all of Modern Heroes' social media? That would tie in well with the merch and would fire up the absolute fucknuggets like Mike there

Imagine how angry they'd be if you monetised their sourness

Fuck yes. This is happening. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Where’s good for print on demand merch? Might do it sooner rather than later just to piss them off. 

Red bubble I think. A friend told me about one like that and I think it was Red Bubble, I'll find out.

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 16/02/2021 - Gaining a “following”!
2 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Got a mention in this, which is pretty cool, but one of my comment nutters is continuing to spread his good word :lol: - feel free to set him straight.... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJhAV9JX-eo

I did watch your video, and when you said "I asked on the Owner's Club Facebook Group" I laughed with a big Edna Crabapple "HA". Glad David Bellend has raised his head, I got your back there buddy. 

One thing though, and I know this is hard, but when you're talking about these mouth breathers you're coming across as if it is getting to you by being abrasive about them. Yes they're arseholes, but these arseholes will see that and double down on the bullshit. Rise above it, you're better than that (even if you're driving an MG ZS EV). 

The most offensive thing though about the whole video was you spilling your fluids on to your work laptop!!!

Trying to clear the backlog. RAV4 MoT was due tomorrow so I chucked it in for a test at the first place I could find with availability - Halfords Autocentre 😬 

It passed :D. Now taxed and tested (it was on disabled tax, so I’ve had to sort that out at the post office and tax it for 6 months 🙄)

The invoice had a link to photos of a sort of live action photo shoot :lol: 

DF0F1660-CDE2-4D13-A57F-36934E21D663.thumb.jpeg.8c18f0b3ba3f13810f39ee0891575faf.jpeg

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 22/02/2021 - TOYOTA SUCCESS!