Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

• 1 month later...
  • Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2020 - What a year that was!
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/01/2021 - Rich* beyond my wildest dreams!

Great channel! Agree that it’s interesting having someone doing a “keeping bangers going” effort rather than droning on about unattainable (and hence to me, boring) supercars etc.

A small suggestion: There’s a lot of you talking to the camera,  I would think it would make better viewing if you did the intro and finishes like that, but with more voice-overs explaining what you’re doing as you’re doing it as the meat of the content - with some footage speeded up where needed to keep things interesting. You’re doing this but I think you need to up the amount.

I see you’re well on your way to decent subscriber numbers, I’m one of them!

20 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Fair point - I struggle with live action type stuff when tinkering, filming slows everything down and I’m pretty amateur with the spanners so keen to not be seen as a how to video maker! 

Will definitely try to get some more content like that included though. 

Sometimes you've got to just put yourself out there, do something shit, get called out for it, learn from the mistake, and improve. 

I know from trying to get a good angle with the phone, it's a pain in the arse to get it close enough but still leave room to do the actual job. I know nitrosilva uses a GoPro, but I'm not made of money, so I bought a cheap knock off from Amazon which now attaches to a head band. So I can film what I'm seeing, along with the phone. 

Might be an idea to try? Think the Crosstour one I bought cost about £30, and the head band (GoPro compatible) was £7. 

13 minutes ago, Dan_ZTT said:

What programs do you guys use for editing? I need to put together some medium quality music videos at some point this year, if I can ever find the time...

I've got both a Windows laptop and a Macbook, if that makes a difference

I use Final Cut Pro now, started with iMovie though. 

Social media just seems to give social not rights an outlet to be obnoxious without risking a punch on the nose. Dont take them on.

Edit. Actually, in the case of the last trolling you posted, ask him to send a picture in. Let's see how good looking the fucker is 😁

Edit edit - subscribed

I just delete stupid comments. Quicker than replying and I waste less brainpower mulling over the incredulity of it. I have a bit of a thin skin.

Channel is coming along nicely, it's good that you actually put across your viewpoint, backed up with facts. Can't go wrong with that.

I've followed a few channels from quite an embryonic stage and their subscribers have rocketed in quite a short space of time.  I thought I had hit it with regular uploading of unboxing old diecast but views have tailed off and subscribers are stagnant at around 200. 

Don't know how you do it!

2 hours ago, Dan_ZTT said:

What programs do you guys use for editing? I need to put together some medium quality music videos at some point this year, if I can ever find the time...

I've got both a Windows laptop and a Macbook, if that makes a difference

When my Mac still worked I found iMovie did everything I needed.

Since moving to Windows I use Filmora, which is cheaper then Final Cut Pro and does all you need. Version 9 could be a bit flaky (as can iMovie) but Filmora X seems more stable; the upgrade was free. Thankfully they put a lot of effort into making the autosave feature work...

25 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

It’s eye opening, that’s for sure. I don’t give the slightest fuck but I am surprised by the drivel some people come out with. 

Still, engagement is engagement. 

so they hated but they clicked on it to watch it - good for you right?

also I R DISAPOINT - sctsman nae talk aboot volvo..............

:D

40 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I just delete stupid comments. Quicker than replying and I waste less brainpower mulling over the incredulity of it. I have a bit of a thin skin.

Channel is coming along nicely, it's good that you actually put across your viewpoint, backed up with facts. Can't go wrong with that.

I've followed a few channels from quite an embryonic stage and their subscribers have rocketed in quite a short space of time.  I thought I had hit it with regular uploading of unboxing old diecast but views have tailed off and subscribers are stagnant at around 200. 

I'm enjoying those videos, especially the micromachines.

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

It's hard work - really disheartening to start with when it feels like you're just shouting into the void.  It'll come, though, keep at it!

15 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Agree on deleting shitty comments. Or hiding them from the channel. 

Pretty decent shout for the first year. I didn't monetise for a fair while, and even when I did, I think it took mine months to get my first £60 payout.

It's a fair point about talking to camera. I did far too much of that early doors.

Thanks Ian - I know you’re no stranger to stupid comments, it’s crazy isn’t it :lol: 

I guess these idiots blend into the background a bit more the bigger you are, easier to lose them in the noise. 

och noo theirs a crazy maun wi a beard poking wee buttons

glad it worked out - not fun when its shite weather

from where the first one was till where you ended up getting a boost was it far away - agree about the app thing tho - whats wrong with contactless or even like at pay at pump for pez - card in punch nymbers get ok - not difficult for them should it be?

youd think theyd get their shit together as its only been like 12 years

5 minutes ago, hairnet said:

och noo theirs a crazy maun wi a beard poking wee buttons

glad it worked out - not fun when its shite weather

from where the first one was till where you ended up getting a boost was it far away - agree about the app thing tho - whats wrong with contactless or even like at pay at pump for pez - card in punch nymbers get ok - not difficult for them should it be?

youd think theyd get their shit together as its only been like 12 years

There wasn’t a huge distance between them but it definitely gets the arse going when the dash is screaming at you that it’s empty AF. Kept coming up saying “Battery low - avoid aggressive driving!” too 😂