Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

6 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Correct - MG Rover Group was the first keeper. Told by the previous (and only other) owner it was demo. Haven’t looked through the sheer mountain of history to learn any more about it yet!

Most cars that were registered to the VM were either VM Fleet Cars (Demo Or Management Car Plan ) or Daily Rental.  Of course, when it comes to a sale there is a desirability pecking order

Manufacturer Demo = Special, Prestige, Worth More

VM Fleet Management - not quite as special but rumoured to be Mrs Towers car.

VM Fleet Daily Rental - Very rare, not many advertised as such, survival rate low, leaving most to be one of the above two categories.

17 years on though, if the fekker runs well, then really jobs a goodun.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:05 PM, Kiltox said:

@DodgyBastard

to drive some stuff I haven’t had before 

Roffle cars that are worth more are OK as long as I don’t spend more than £500 on tickets.

No age/type/etc restrictions.

(Can't see how to lose Dodgy's reference, sorry)

Ahem, to business:  Six tickets for Huggy would come to £480, so I'll throw in an extra.  Which seven numbers would you like?

I've been running one like yours (but not as posh) for 3 years. You may not wish to part with it at the end of the month.

The Ron box made a difference on mine, but the insurance wanted £200 extra, so it's not on now. Won't worry you though.

Not sure if that's what you have bought, but if so you need to change the MAF from Bosch to Pierburg.

Does the car have a disconcerting roll when the hand brakes on?

6 hours ago, Mally said:

I've been running one like yours (but not as posh) for 3 years. You may not wish to part with it at the end of the month.

The Ron box made a difference on mine, but the insurance wanted £200 extra, so it's not on now. Won't worry you though.

Not sure if that's what you have bought, but if so you need to change the MAF from Bosch to Pierburg.

Does the car have a disconcerting roll when the hand brakes on?

It is a Ronbox I’ve bought so I’ll need to look into that

Handbrake seems to work just fine - it had a fair bit of work not long ago according to the previous owner though. 

49A6B33C-081C-4E67-9D04-D8C2F610B9BE.thumb.jpeg.6a054ef6933a75b35e21e7bf14b0cb53.jpeg

Shade under 162 miles covered today going to Cannock - spot on. 

It's a lovely old thing (don't mention the holes) and it's mileage betrays how good a condition it is in - will be glued to the story of this one.

I reckon that passenger door will be an easy fix, sounds like one of the connecting rods has popped out. Will be a door card off job (faff) but hopefully not too much of a ballache to sort out.

My handbrake works, now I've done the discs and shoes, but when you pull it on the car settles alarmingly.

I looked into it, and TADTS. Think the backplates are worn and the secure* bit isn't. Passes the MOT though.

When you have fixed the passenger door I'll know how to do mine.

Wouldn't really bother with Rover Ron (synergy2) box. They do give a bit improvement especially if the MAF is knacked! Strange having xenon headlights on a Club Se? Probably worth over £100 on there own applying standard bangernomics type maths. 

Noticed on the owners forum the guy was on their for over 10 years and only made 25 posts. Not a lot of problems then. Seemed to have an issue with headlights back in 2009 and not much else ?

10 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Just headlight washers for some reason (which appear to be inop)

Long shot, but is the washer tank full. I know the Saab only allows water to windscreen if level getting low.  Does both if plenty of fluid. Hopefully the Rover might be the same. 

Have you identified the same bit on your BMW yet?

1 hour ago, gadgetgricey said:

Long shot, but is the washer tank full. I know the Saab only allows water to windscreen if level getting low.  Does both if plenty of fluid. Hopefully the Rover might be the same. 

Have you identified the same bit on your BMW yet?

Was pissing about with it in the car park at the Truckers Rest in Cannock with @clayts450 and it looks like the water dribbles out onto the ground when it’s trying to wash the headlights - guess a hose is burst or loose 

The headlight washers only blast the lights on every third scoosh or something. It doesn't really look like Xenon but it deffo had them at one point. Would need a better look at lights. They might just need a shine up. Looking again it does look like the lights have been swapped for Halogen. 

12 hours ago, Tam said:

The headlight washers only blast the lights on every third scoosh or something. It doesn't really look like Xenon but it deffo had them at one point. Would need a better look at lights. They might just need a shine up. Looking again it does look like the lights have been swapped for Halogen. 

Easy way to tell is if there's a height adjustment wheel on the LCM (light switch) unless that was swapped an all

20 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Was pissing about with it in the car park at the Truckers Rest in Cannock with @clayts450 and it looks like the water dribbles out onto the ground when it’s trying to wash the headlights - guess a hose is burst or loose 

On my daily car (not a 75 though) I found in that bad weather of Feb / Mar 17 the headlamp squirters were moving out of their home and freezing in the open position.  I could see the plastic covers ‘going west’ so I thawed them out with hot water, retracted them fully home and pulled the fuse.  

Never bothered to put the fuse back, the fekkin things are a gimmick anyway IMHO.  Try driving in ‘damp salty dirty roads’ and squirting your windscreen.  A blast of washer fluid on its own does farkhall, ‘‘tis the wipe’ that gets it clean.  So headlamp washer without the wipe just waste all the fekkin fluid IMHO

Inclined to agree - now headlight wipers are a different matter :D  

I’m intrigued by the notion that it maybe had xenons in the past - the previous owner didn’t strike me as the kind that would swap headlights around and, to be honest, the current halogen units look like they’ve done 250k miles....

As Jamie said look at the headlight adjuster on dash and if no height adjustment it would originally probably had xenon. Also should be adjuster arms on the front and rear suspension for the xenon. But chances are not replaced when new arms fitted. 

Here's a link to previous owners posts on forum. In 2009 he fixed the xenon lights. 

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=17017113