Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

Well done on the Vid for the Steering Pump and Steering Angle Sensor.

TBH, when I heard you were on with 12 in 12 Months, I thought you were just having a crack at what Piston Popper did.  That was good, but you have just raised the bar.  Here's the car, here is the fault, here is what I'm doing to fix it.

handy workshop space.  

As for the Clio, Decembers car is that then ?

3 minutes ago, Isaac Hunt said:

Well done on the Vid for the Steering Pump and Steering Angle Sensor.

TBH, when I heard you were on with 12 in 12 Months, I thought you were just having a crack at what Piston Popper did.  That was good, but you have just raised the bar.  Here's the car, here is the fault, here is what I'm doing to fix it.

handy workshop space.  

As for the Clio, Decembers car is that then ?

Which Clio? The mk4 I made a video about previously is off to auction soon because I can’t seem to find a buyer for it (hard to sell nearly new moderns when you can’t do finance etc :() and the mk1 is an ungrateful little cunt bag that is going to become a long term project! 

6 minutes ago, gadgetgricey said:

It's in copper leaf red as well :)

Any chance you could contact them and ask them to email me - modern heroes cars at gmail dot com - I’m not a member but I see the post and it’s certainly captured my interest! (And I’m sure it’d have mass appeal on here too for the next owner after me!!)

38 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Have you cleared the fault codes on Forscan for the steering? 

Sadly yes. 

One more rabbit hole to go down and that is to connect a battery charger for a few hours and see if it makes any difference - not had any problems starting and the battery voltage looks healthy but I know a dodgy battery can cause trouble and I did have a charger on it whilst I was “repairing” it. 

Remote chance that charging the battery was what actually “fixed” it but it’ll cost nothing to try. 

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

I’ll probably sling the old sensor back on just to see what’s what 

I was about to suggest doing just that.  It's just possible (although unlikely I admit) that the replacement pump really did fix the fault but the suspiciously cleaned and painted sensor was hiding something.

5 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Focus battery is charging. Interestingly, the fault had cleared today anyway.... so I think I have fixed *something*

A failing battery can cause odd symptoms.  I had a Fester throw an EML a few years ago, then the battery showed signs of failing without actually failing, if you get my drift.  A new battery and all was well and has been ever since.