Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

35 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

I bought a second hand diesel tuning box on eBay today for February’s car. Should be interesting, fitting such a thing to an elderly high mileage car....

Not something I’ve experimented with before due to worries over blowing things up. Less concerned with such low budget cars.... :D 

i used one on my e90 320d with no ill effects. actually was pretty pokey afterwards.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:01 PM, Kiltox said:

Be pretty hard pushed to buy a £30 tax car for sub £500 I reckon :D 

Word on the street is that @Broadsword will be moving on a Lupo SDI fairly soon, not sure what the asking price will be but it fits into this category tax wise!

On 1/30/2020 at 10:47 PM, sdkrc said:

Are we going to be taking guesses at February's car?

I'm surprisingly invested in this...

I'm thinking Rover

I'm thinking 75

I'm thinking gold

WINNAR. It isn’t gold though. 

I have bought a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDT Tourer. In Copperleaf Red. 

F0E64FD1-2EF0-4276-B77E-AB9B12794B3A.thumb.jpeg.9497c3293b7400b2a40067dfe75f2997.jpeg

Barely broken in with a mere 255,000 on the clock. What drew me to this specific example is the fact it has been with the same private owner for as near as a quarter of a million miles as makes any difference - it had a short stint as a demonstrator when it was new. 

It’s not a minter by any means - it has been well used but still seems to be in overall pretty good shape. Needs a bit of a touch with the sparkly stick for its next test.... which expires in twelve days time!

My first experience with a 75. Quite keen so far although I haven’t driven it beyond bringing it home. Off to Cannock first thing!

2 minutes ago, yes oui si said:

Good views on the video already - you getting much natural growth or can you see most of it coming from here/ph? 

Tiny amounts, it’s a hard thing to get the ball rolling it seems! 

PH is a bit “no advertising or we’ll fetch the ban hammer” too. Would appreciate any sharing / word spreading any of you can do. :)  

I have a Roverron box on mine - also bought secondhand off eBay.  It does make quite a difference.  These engines can take a bit of tuning - they're pretty under-stressed as standard, 115bhp from a common-rail 16-valve 2-litre diesel is pretty feeble really given that some modern diesels are making nearly twice that.

Nice buy.  Jealous of your headlamp washers.  But not of your rust.

The “on roof” footage in this latest video is filmed with a proper potato cam - a £29 “DragonTouch Vision 4” from Amazon. GoPro knock off basically - and the quality shows.  Seems ok for external stuff where the camera is at risk of falling off etc though. Cheap and cheerful but has its drawbacks. 

Interior (from the back seat) is a used GoPro Hero4 Silver. Cheap to buy used and really still quite relevant performance wise despite getting on a bit. 

Windscreen mounted footage is from a Canon M50. My mount is crap but the camera is excellent. Sound is via mic input to this camera from a lavalier mic.