Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT

Kiltox

23 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

I didn’t collate the mileages from the invoices because they weren’t always present but “up to 20k a year” seems to be the answer from the MOT history. Hardly mega annual miles really. 

Depends on the type of tyre I guess. My 200 coupe got through Avons in about 15k, but did over 20k on the Nexens that replaced them and we still fine when it came off the road.

24 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Is it a bad idea to up the power of a 255,000 mile, 18 year old car?  I guess the new owner will find out.... although I won't be doing many miles in it!

Good test. Was always a bit suspect of the claims for these types of things. Good to know that even an elderly high miler could see a difference

New month, new car, and what an absolute unit we have in store this month

11E506D3-4F9E-4426-B8D1-631235807264.thumb.jpeg.fd674a09e074b61313e64133132dc88b.jpeg

It is of course @jon.k‘s old battered,  bruised, damp and lockless mk3 Golf 1.9 TDi GL. With added beaded seat cover for supreme win. 

I think I was a bit wide of the mark on the whole “most hated car” thing but the mk3 Golf certainly generates hatred whenever it’s discussed.

This one’s rough as in terms of looks but it seems to work well enough and appeals to me in that “faithful companion even though it’s been neglected” kind of way

Plan to tidy it up a little bit not too much, it’s a rough old Golf and nothing’s going to change that! 

Have never had a diesel one before, fair bit more grunt than the asthmatic petrols. 

1 minute ago, beko1987 said:

Wire the fog lights up to the main beams, you'll see everything at night then! 

The spots are wired to the main beams :)  Switch on the dash to choose whether they come on with them or are disabled  

I don’t think the headlights are that bad on these as standard mind, but @jon.k does live in the middle of nowhere 

Well done Kiltox, I'm loving this. If you investigate the drivers window and the general rust repair you will find some "easter eggs" for your channel. I had to use what was at my disposal on a limited time and budget! 

I found that opening the sunroof was a good way to air the vehicle. It worked every time. 

I hope it snows so you can test out the winter tyres and spotlights in a rally-style special video.

Drove it to work today. Radio has decided it’s not that keen on life (recurring theme it seems) and it engaged SDi mode at one point in the journey but a quick ignition cycle saw that off (and it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as a lot of other cars are in limp mode, to be fair)