Defunct Skoda dealer urbex

Rod/b

20 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Grand Dale Garage in North Ferriby were a Skoda dealer back in the pre VW days and up until they closed earlier this year still had some Skoda branding up, it always surprised me they never got into trouble for it, either nobody at Skoda had realised or they didn't care. 

Edited to add it was called Maudsons back then. 

Monument Garage, a Skoda dealer in Flamborough went the same way. Way too small for the enormous VAG empire.

8 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I didn't know they were a Skoda agent at one time 

They definitely were, I part exchanged an original Favorit (in beige) for the VAG'ised version there in the early 90's. If I remember correctly the showroom had about 3 cars in it; it was smaller than Maudsons (were I got the beige Favorit from).

4 minutes ago, martc said:

They definitely were, I part exchanged an original Favorit (in beige) for the VAG'ised version there in the early 90's. If I remember correctly the showroom had about 3 cars in it; it was smaller than Maudsons (were I got the beige Favorit from).

I wasn't doubting you, sorry if that was how it came across. 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, twosmoke300 said:

Slight thread hijack sorry - do any of the NE Scotland members know if the Skoda dealer is still going in Maud . Did my work experience there as a kid . 

My Dad used to have his Octavia 4x4 service by them, circa 2010.