2019, if it wasn't for AS...

Andyrew

I wouldn't have Le Limon Bleu, bought from Busman'sHoliday of this parish even before Swansea let me have my licence back!  Nor would I now be arranging a potentially ruinous Jag with Mr Hillman Imp (do NOT imagine that I'm chickening out!).  Nor would I have sold many, many smoll model cars for bugger-all to make room for a handful of larger replacements.

Also, nor would I have held these soirees at Cumbernauld as an antidote to spending Christmas with family.

When the Jag comes, if anyone wants the C3, speak up!

If it wasn't for AS in 2019,

I wouldn't have won this;

IMG_20190926_121616.thumb.jpg.e280daf5f1810b02d3b96f3ee5a6e620.jpg

sold this to the excellent Mr Eddyramrod;

IMG_20190218_140234.thumb.jpg.3e9d4100c9c09bdc3d48eb5342b56843.jpg

Would probably have stopped Mrs BMH buying this;

IMG_20190217_134250.thumb.jpg.0ad74bfe4bcb495077b2a0b371932010.jpg

This, with the help of @LightBulbFun would still be on a Q plate;

IMG_20190309_145249.thumb.jpg.8c4efb9e1cc1305113c2e90188ebc401.jpg

and I wouldn't have enjoyed the coffee making of @xtriple.

Don't know how I'll beat that lot next year.

4 hours ago, Andyrew said:

A simple thread for the last few days of this year. Meeting other members is a given, but

What in the past year wouldn't you have done if you hadn't been a member? 

I wouldn't have got to drive one of these 

20190721_093402.thumb.jpg.b988e0156e23bb4c96af73a5e17bbb28.jpg

And I would not now own one of these.

20191218_112627.thumb.jpg.68dff8c486fb575ff1550df8a58f36d6.jpg

So have you deleted your account yet? 

Without AS and @Six-cylinder kind generosity especially, I'd never have driven one of these:

20190608_175542.thumb.jpg.baa37721c70231eb4041d08553cfa6a9.jpg

Something that I'll likely never get a chance again in my life to do. 

I would also probably not own 5 cars in various states of repair and would instead likely either have a just a single car like a Mustang GT or Aston Martin Vantage on the drive...

...If it wasn’t for AS, then we’d never have been reunited with the family mini.

1313672C-06E6-472D-8F88-D3C0F108E704.thumb.jpeg.41b71b1a0464f85a752c9fac7da2866d.jpeg

Eternal thanks to @MorrisItalSLX for posting it in the tat thread. And for deleting said post whilst I was negotiating with the owner. And to @wuvvum and @barmatt for aiding collection.

And, most of all, my long suffering chum @alf892 for fixing it. I’ve still got his Xmas present under my tree!

I would have been convinced that the last Invacar disappeared about 20 years ago when Mrs C's disabled friend handed hers in for a converted Peugeot 206 , but now they are being mentioned all over here. It's like an Autoshite version of Godwin's Law ☺

4 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Have this:

20191224_081809.thumb.jpg.b6de94485341f1e8da1e1bd13d570f7f.jpg

Not very exciting for many, hated by others. I don't care what others think, I love and have a new found love of Vectras and most other Vauxhalls.

Have also driven lots of other chod courtesy of @red5 and his habit of buying random stuff.

Old Vauxhalls are good Vectras Cavaliers and Calibras are very enjoyable cars! The Vauxhall Senator is on my list of cars to own

1 hour ago, Motown said:

Old Vauxhalls are good Vectras Cavaliers and Calibras are very enjoyable cars! The Vauxhall Senator is on my list of cars to own

One of my ex workmates runs a retirement home for old Vauxhalls, various Cavaliers, Senators, a Nova saloon, Calibra etc have been resident at various times. Currently resident are 2 Vectras and about 3 Cavaliers

I wouldn’t have nearly bought a Rover 75 (that turned out to be completely fucked). I wouldn’t have bought the Corolla and instead bought something far newer. But most importantly, I would have given up on the Jag and moved it on, although I’m still not sure if that was the right decision.

Wouldn't of met some lovely & random people, camped at the FOD and enjoyed some great company and driven some cool cars & bikes.

Wouldn't of been to Cannock Auctions, Chumley & Severn Valley and introduced Smoll FL to this crazy / cool world and he wouldn't have driven some cool cars as well and be seriously looking for a 2CV /MX5 as a second car after 3 months at work having had a licence for two months..

Wouldn't of got a Saab 9-3 and started doing my own tinkering / maintainance after years of using garages, Mrs FL would not of got a Mazda 3 Sport which she loves and we would probably of spent a lot more on something more mundane.

Wouldn't of driven a Safrane V6 through a thunderstorm with no wipers

All in all made life more fun and love being part of the community! More of the same next year and more random vehicles on the fleet, maybe my first roffle win..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

...and introduced Smoll FL to this crazy / cool world and he wouldn't have driven some cool cars as well and be seriously looking for a 2CV /MX5 as a second car after 3 months at work having had a licence for two months..

2CV or MX5... Is Smoll_FL just trying to be me...? 

2 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

One of my ex workmates runs a retirement home for old Vauxhalls, various Cavaliers, Senators, a Nova saloon, Calibra etc have been resident at various times. Currently resident are 2 Vectras and about 3 Cavaliers

I wouldnt mind a Senator with an automatic gearbox. I dont see many for sale but when i do they are usually silly money :( 

11 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

If it wasn't for AS I wouldn't own a few unsellable cars.

Thanks to autoshite I too now own a car that I don't need, can't swap or sell, don't use or want. That saying, it's all paid for, legal, working and isn't eating any grass.

I'll have to use it to go to a meet or two this year.

Thanks to Autoshite I’d have scrapped the Saab if a few members hadn’t helped with a few MoT jobs, both in person and sourcing and sending bits and pieces.

Thanks to Autoshite the Saab found a new home with Floatylight where it’s getting back to rude health has been progressing at a much faster rate than I was able to do.

Thanks to Autoshite I now own the ex-cavcraft roffle Smoll SooZooKey. Despite reviews panning it I thinks it’s a great little car to hoon around town in, it’s relatively comfy compared to many cars this size, it has the indicator stalk on the correct side and for first time in years I have sub £200 insurance.

Thanks to Autoshite I haven’t totally lost my marbles as a few threads on here have kept me relatively sane!

This year, if it weren’t for AS, I’d still have a non-functioning mk1 Golf cluttering up the place.

The reverse is true of @320touring.

Like meat pies, western capitalism and cracking your knuckles, it’s not easy to be certain whether AS is good for you in the long run.  I had three cars when I joined, which was more than I wanted, and now ten years later I’m up to fifteen of the bloody things.

But it’s fun so here I am.