2019, if it wasn't for AS...

Andyrew

if it was not for Autoshite this year

I would not own REV! its thanks to @egg for arranging the hammond car meet then @SierraMikeHotel for ferrying me there and back, that I found out that someone had 2 Invacars for sale!

then @Mrs6C willingness to go half and half with me and act quickly when required, that I was able to afford and buy REV, and then her ability to arrange transportation and allowing me to stash REV at the FoD, allowed me to get REV from the sellers place to a safe place for storage and, to have recomissoning work done! :) 

IMG_0641.thumb.JPG.5f37e8870eb33399e1468c88242c7e60.JPG

so I have the forum to thank for enabling me to get my dream car, for that I am forever thankful! :) 

I also probably would not have driven a lada 

IMG_20190619_164613.jpgIMG_20190619_160531.jpg

or a Jag

IMG_0626.thumb.JPG.b512854dcc3a8ca7d8a6e7fabe88a31e.JPGIMG_0627.thumb.JPG.90d0066033485f292505ebcd8e1c53ec.JPG

or that V6 renault whos name i'm not even going to attempt to spell that @catsinthewelder has :) 

or driven a ZX! (have not driven the tractor, thats for next year!)

IMG_0652.thumb.JPG.204c0f43bfd1f4a17ede79b8ad846498.JPG

also the bonfire at the FoD was quite an experience for me, you hear about like minded people having them sitting around then and passing stories around till it 1AM 

but I had never actually been apart of one until then, so that was quite a fun and memorable experience :) 

so yeah 2019 was a good autoshite year for me!

I hope for next year that ill be able to drive the same and more cars, but on actual roads at speed this time! :) 

I wouldn't have met loads of new and old friendly faces and would have been bored shitless without this forum.  The laughs, friendliness, advice and camaraderie along the way have been impossible to find on other places on the internet. 

I wouldn't have had a trip to Chester le Street and met @scaryoldcortina for this

IMG_20190730_202845.thumb.jpg.5603f89850f8b7b2e489f3ba9e58f50f.jpg

An unwanted roffle prize, purchased from @Jim Bell for not much monies (thank you again) Which served me well for a few months until I was able to buy something else.

And later in the year a trip not so far North to meet @NorthernMonkey to collect this

15694146311781473808512960946937.thumb.jpg.2853cd3304f877e7919593a44cde8906.jpg

Which is still in residence.

I am going to make a real effort this year to get to shows, meet ups etc to try and meet more AS folk. 

If it wasn't for AS in my year and two months of being here:

I wouldn't have gone to Chumley

I wouldn't have bought my Micra

I wouldn't probably have taken such a keen interest in DIY mechanics

I wouldn't have offered to sacrafice my skin by going underneath @Cavcraft's Jaaaaaag

Would have been bored out of my mind if it wasn't for this place!

Found a source of cheap batteries, the correct wiper blades and bulbs and masses of other advice, chatted with a load of friendly people in different walks of life on lots of topics and generally had plenty of fun as well as providing folk with a bit of entertainment. Loads of things. Happy New Year to all.

If it wasn't for AS this year, I'd be a lot worse off in terms of crack, entertainment and solid gold bants. 

Whether it's @Cavcraft on the eBay tat thread or @cms206 making it 1/4 of a mile into a 200 mile journey in a Stella with @davidfowler2000 or just marvelling at @TripleRich s efforts, Autoshite has kept me entertained thoroughly from 01/01/19 to date. 

Without it, I'd probs have to get a propper hobby. Like pottery. Or a Jeet Kune Do. 

22 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

If it wasn't for AS I would have less* cars and more* money.

Through AS I have acquired the AX, the 9-5, a 205  and a pug 'vert of some sort for my friend.

On the other hand I have had a lot of fun and made many friends, some of which have done a poo in both my toilets 

Ftfy