car related xmas gifts did you get?

stuboy

26 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I fancy one of those. Can you give a review please?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

There's not a huge amount to review really. It's the best solution I've found for playing digital music in an old car.

To pair it you just power it up then search for new devices on your phone, you should only have to do this once. To connect to the radio you choose an empty frequency and tune the car radio in to it. The only place I've had issues with the one in my van is on the M74 past Cambuslang and Rutherglen because there's a local radio station near the 107.8 frequency I use.

In Bluetooth mode it will play whatever you are playing on the phone. It won't display any information and the only control you have is next/previous and pause/resume. I find that's enough for me.

In USB stick mode you can browse through folders (which would normally be an album title) and choose the track you want to start playing from. It will play to the end of the folder/album then continue to the next folder/album all the way through the stick. I prefer to use the Sandisk Ultra Fit USB sticks like these https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8587642 because they don't stick out and get broken. USB3 ideally, you really notice the difference in speed when you're loading stuff onto it.

I've not tried a Micro SD card but I imagine it works much the same way as the USB.

Sound quality seems fine to my, admittedly old and buggered, ears.

Radio reception can be mixed but generally ok. I think you can use this one with a cassette adapter if required (you definitely can on the KM20 I was using before), which isn't too untidy in the Volvo because it sits just below the cassette player.

I would say that Nulaxy is the brand to go for if you want one of these devices. They are reasonably well established and seem to know what they are doing. Some of the other cheap brands can be hit or miss and the expensive ones are often expensive only in price tag.

I got a new FM transmitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q71P9JG/?coliid=I12B7O5OF77YHB&colid=34V60EUZY6CJD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
It's much the same as the old one but slightly easier to read and use, and has two USB charging ports instead of one.
Thanks for the details. I need one for my 850. Does that one do DAB? I miss radio 6!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

OK I admit it, I just had to search the website to find out what this was! Nice bit of kit and I'm impressed your girlfriend knew what it was and where to get it!

Well, you could share this new found knowledge for those that don't know and can't be arsed to trawl the Ripspeed( or whatever) site.

Not me you understand, I'm fully aware of what it is and indeed how to fit one without removing the flange thingummys .

42 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Well, you could share this new found knowledge for those that don't know and can't be arsed to trawl the Ripspeed( or whatever) site.

Not me you understand, I'm fully aware of what it is and indeed how to fit one without removing the flange thingummys .

https://rspec.co.uk/products_all.html?disp_order=1&page=46

2 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

OK I admit it, I just had to search the website to find out what this was! Nice bit of kit and I'm impressed your girlfriend knew what it was and where to get it!

2 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Sandwich plate that fits between oil filter and block. Allows you to screw in oil pressure and temperature senders for gauges. A bit chavvy on a 1. 4 but well I really like my K series and want to know all its secrets. I sent the missus a link on messenger to avoid the possibility of some Grand Tour DVD.