Fastest Sierra In the World Shiteworthy?

62 Austin

Janspeed were blowing Cologne V6s before the XR4i even existed so I'm sure these things predate the XR8 (84?) and Cosssie ( 85) . You have to remember also how cheap Fords were, even with the conversion it was probably only 323i money but faster than a aQuattro or 944. 

A standard XR4i was the first car that I saw 150 mph on the speedo ,  on the downhill stretch of the M1 between j8 and j5 in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday- even allowing for a wildly optomistic speedo, it was still flying. 

Ironically I was almost killed a couple of weeks later in that same car when someone else flipped it end over end near Banbury on the B4031. Perhaps it was a bit too quick to handed out as a pool  car- although it didn't last past August 10th 1987( two days before my oldest was born)

When the original Ford Focus came out there was no performance variant available (just the 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and diesel) but you could have an aftermarket turbo conversion (on the 1.8 petrol iirc). It seems charmingly old fashioned these days when you can get massive power/torque improvements with a remap.

positively slow when you think of what cosworth and lunatic engine builders like harvey gibbs have done, sierras doing 0-60 in 2 seconds, engines with max power of 1000 horses, switchable power of 500, 750 and 1000 horses, okay they go bang when you turn the big knob up and no gearbox can cope at full power for more than a few laps... you can get reliability at 600 horses though

the most mental, lunatic ford ever built was the andy gallacher mk2 focus, engine as above and carbon bodywork on a spaceframe, 1 horse to the kg... 1000kg inc driver... had a passenger run round knockhill, beyond fast.. in the wet at knockie 

A mate had a 2.9 twin turbo XR4x4  in the early 2000's always regretted selling it ,so about 5 years ago got another ( a keeper) rarer 2.9GLSI 4x4 twin turbo.

Janspeed did 2.0 MK4 Cortina turbos & 3.0 Capri's, I believe they where involved with a MK1 Granada 3.0 turbo that knocked around boreham's competition dept

17 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

"Quicker than a Coutach"  that was either the advert or a magazine headline, I think.

Ford Sierra vs. Lamborghini. 1/10 of a mph faster at 62 mph.  How about to 150?

Calling it that is a stretch, reminding me of when the Dodge Aries/Plymouth Reliant came out in the 80s...several wags pointed out it looks just like a Mercedes-Benz...only it won't get you laid.

Image result for chrysler k cars

Its like one of those 3D pictures where if squit until you have a headache you might see a Dolphin on a Bicycle.

Look at the Grille, look only at the Grille for a long time.
Cover your left eye
Cover your right eye
Remember the Grille, you have convinced yourself it has the same chrome finish as  but no longer care enough to argue.

Janspeed dabbled in just about everything they could although I have no idea how many were sold.

https://bringatrailer.com/2015/02/20/rare-janspeed-conversion-twin-turbo-1979-rover-sd1-v8/

image.png.9c09376f7cf4f21cf21552f9d77ad55f.png

Claimed to have 34,000 miles and a minty fresh brown velour interior https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/rover/news-rare-sd1-twin-turbo-unearthed/

13 hours ago, sierraman said:

I’ve tried squinting my eyes, holding the picture at arms length and in no way shape or form does that look like a Mercedes.

maybe some of them were fooled by the hood ornament..........Image result for 1982 plymouth reliant hood ornament

woah-woah-diylol-com-bill-ted-excellent-adventure-3-movie-53356294.png