Cars and the Stars!

Motown

3 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

In an early episode makepeace drove a mini

I seem to remember in The Pilot episode Makepeace had a red Mini that got flipped onto its roof by ruffians,

The next episode She had a black Mini that ended up in a scrapyard crusher with both heroes inside.

Their Governor (Spikings) had a Mk 2 Granada.

12 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Jeff Randall in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) had a base Vauxhall Victor FD (2 litre).

Jeanie (Hopkirks widow) had a Mini (BAP 245B) which is still on the road.

But I loved the Victor, and yearn for a VX4/90.

20191225_212145.jpg

Jeff's Victor wasn't a base model , it was an SL with the snazzy black and chrome wheelcovers and separate back seats. .i could never understand , as a kid, that he was always skint but had such a flash car.

image.thumb.jpeg.368042e3a90645b7f4a59a6536790d89.jpeg

image.jpeg

Diana Rigg/Emma Peel/Lotus Elan - Amusing fact I read years ago.

Rigg really liked the Elan (who wouldn't) and she was asked by the producers if she approved of her character using one in The Avengers, she thought it was ideal. She had one question though, "I can't drive, is that a problem?". So that's why in early episodes of the show, she isn't actually doing the driving - either mocked up or using a stuntwomen shot at a distance, while she learnt and got her licence.

Used to happen quite often apparantly back in the day, John Gregson in the movie Genevive is another (had learnt to drive but hadn't time to pass his test before the film shooting started).

12 hours ago, Garythesnail said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGTA4qluOlvwjGv1hRXhJ

Does he still hold the record for biggest car insurance payout because of this crash & subsequent repair bill?

The biggest irony being that he made a packet on the car when he sold it a few years back as the value of McClaren's had soared! 

17 hours ago, inconsistant said:

So proud.

CA325E9E-2FFD-44ED-B526-EDF9A50D2CF5.jpeg

I saw Mollie Sugden in a mercedes at sandbach services about 20 years ago, she's just got out of it, it's funny when you see a face you recognise , I almost spoke to her as if I knew her then realised I didn't , I've only ever seen 2 people I recognise at the services, 6 months ago I saw the ice skater christopher dean , I did the same with him , Hi, er I don't know you do I , that was at sandbach services too ,Must be as far as a celebrity can travel in one go

I like odd/coincidental connections too.

Christopher Dawes died along with his two passengers in 1999 when his McLaren F1 hit a tree on the A120 near his home of Merks Hall, Gt. Dunmow.

Not too long after, Liam Howlett, the genius behind The Prodigy, purchased Merks Hall. And he owned a McLaren F1 which he was often seen driving. He sold it (chassis number 023) as it was "too terrifying to drive". Sold the house too.

Can't find a photo of the car and him together though.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

I saw Mollie Sugden in a mercedes at sandbach services about 20 years ago, she's just got out of it, it's funny when you see a face you recognise , I almost spoke to her as if I knew her then realised I didn't 

"I used to speed about in a Porsche," she told an interviewer in 1995. "But seven or eight years ago I was done for doing 92mph on the motorway, so now I drive a Mercedes."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/culture-obituaries/tv-radio-obituaries/5713979/Mollie-Sugden.html