Possible sale (sold) to an AS member

chompy_snake

Basically I am going to be inheriting my dad's 2nd gen Ls430 with paint damage. This is an upgrade for me anyway so it looks like the silver early 430 I use at present will have to make way.... I'm unsure I have the space for 2x 16.5 feet long cars. 

Mine has it's issues but I am thinking of offers iro £1000 with a long mot. 

I am also aware that it's the wrong time of year to sell so I want to gauge reactions first before deciding. 

IMG_20191116_161714.thumb.jpg.f9971b1075c64b95578feb6de4d70236.jpgreceived_546146382822513.thumb.jpeg.c226fd6adddea20ebb46f2cc083bbbd2.jpegreceived_852683901796399.thumb.jpeg.17d06a381ce924caa618c3b67a2494f3.jpegreceived_685478298593784.thumb.jpeg.2391eac31c841fd0211f26b9a263ec32.jpegreceived_401326357252392.thumb.jpeg.14dd572ed22e1ca05eb4a9dad40522d7.jpeg

Even at around £1000 with the small faults it has and the bodywork it's bloody cheap for an Ls430 with around 110k on it and new tyres with long test. 

Opinions and thoughts as to whether there could be a market here for it with the price? 

Vsv valve for acis (the variable intake valve) very common part from Lexus is £78 + vat but intake has to come off. 

Ac condenser is still in southern Ireland so no AC

Passenger front door check strap missing

Passenger door mirror wrong glass but still folds

Hail damage or similar to roof at front

Park sensors inop think it was parked by brail

Paint needs attention in places

Possibly getting ready for front brake pads

N/s headlamp needs either replaced or aftermarket H7 hid kit fitting as all the dip beam xenon stuff is still in southern Ireland. 

A few binnacle bulbs not lighting but you can still see it. 

Everything apart from the mentioned works. 

Mechanically very strong and a very unusual spec for the UK.... No sunroof, coil springs and no mini fridge 

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

im curious just from a "I like to mess with the system" POV

but how does tax work on this if its post 2001 but listed as 0g/km on the DVLA?

is the tax free? LOL 

Tax is about £145 for 6 months. 

I have no idea as to why they registered it as 0g/km but it may be to do with it being exempt from the type approval because of age when I registered it. 

Maybe imports work differently if they have no type approval marker to compare against? 

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

Probably in actual fact in no worse condition than you’d expect for a car of its age, there’s nothing there that affects its useability 

That's very true. 

The car is extremely usable and a good starter LS 430 for someone that wants to give one a try for a bit I would say. 

I could be quite interested in this, I'm after a pre-2006 LS430 anyway and this is a good price vs what else I have seen. How keen are you to move it on because I'm not yet in a position to buy due to various life events. I aim to be in such a position in the next month or two though.

Can I ask why various parts of it are presently* located in the ROI? Are they ever likely to be retrieved or should they be considered MIA?

What is the consequence of the VSV valve being broken?

Does the n/s headlight not work at all, or only on high beam or sidelight or point at the ground or something?

Do you have any pictures of the paintwork needing attention? I know my way around a rattle can.

When was the cambelt last done - miles and year please.

TIA

15 minutes ago, Stanky said:

I could be quite interested in this, I'm after a pre-2006 LS430 anyway and this is a good price vs what else I have seen. How keen are you to move it on because I'm not yet in a position to buy due to various life events. I aim to be in such a position in the next month or two though.

Can I ask why various parts of it are presently* located in the ROI? Are they ever likely to be retrieved or should they be considered MIA?

What is the consequence of the VSV valve being broken?

Does the n/s headlight not work at all, or only on high beam or sidelight or point at the ground or something?

Do you have any pictures of the paintwork needing attention? I know my way around a rattle can.

When was the cambelt last done - miles and year please.

TIA

Unsure regarding cambelt so have to presume due (100k interval anyway so just over), I have known them at 200k on original belts. 

The missing bits are missing in action. 

N/s headlamp works fine it's just a halogen not a d2s xenon as it should. 

The consequence of the vsv for acis is simply a case of annoying eml. I can't say that it affects the driving of the car in any way (maybe slightly louder than it should be? Fuel economy same as my dad's which is healthy. 

I can get pictures of the paintwork issues but better to see in person as it isn't particularly clear when photographed. 

I am in no major rush to sell it immediately as we have the insurance to deal with on the other one..... I could be persuaded to work on a 6 week timescale if needed but as you can understand its a big thing to store anywhere. 

If genuinely interested we can come to some sort of arrangement 

9 hours ago, chompy_snake said:

Tax is about £145 for 6 months. 

I have no idea as to why they registered it as 0g/km but it may be to do with it being exempt from the type approval because of age when I registered it. 

Maybe imports work differently if they have no type approval marker to compare against? 

interesting, I guess since as you allude to its an imported vehicle over 10 years old (so did not have to go through type approval etc)

it goes by the Pre 2001 tax rules regardless of actual age?

the DVLA does not really say much on that! at least not that I can recall!

(re-registered historic vehicles/V765'ed vehicles also say 0g/km, I guess its just how the system these days handles it when theres no info available, although they could put "not available" if they really put some effort into it, since thats what normally registered older vehicles do say)

19 hours ago, hairnet said:

if you paid him money i think hed be unlikely to give a fuck :D

That is my answer exactly there... 10 Internet points for you ??

I have indeed been very busy over Christmas with family so haven't had the chance to get online (as my good friend suggested). 

I know that my asking price is extremely low for an Ls430 in any condition. There is wiggle room but not an awful amount because of what it owes me. 

Still waiting for insurance decision on the blue car so that may be going up for grabs too and expect my dad to collect the ioniq on the weekend depending on the supplying dealer ofc. 

Well consider me very interested, don't want to step on anyone's toes though so anyone who expressed an interest in front of me obviously has priority. Intention is to smoke around in it for a while and then hopefully remove the lovely V8 and insert it in my 940.

11 minutes ago, bub2006 said:

Now that I would like to see. A 280 ish BHP 940. Be even better if it's an estate for ultimate sleeper. Make sure to have a large roof rack and a sign reading if you can see this then I've lost my caravan. 

1.jpg.f634860f250ae776f3ccdaa1e666d84a.thumb.jpg.69dfc3295e087b39684514d63774fc2f.jpg

Would be going into this fine machine, it has a towbar for maximum sleeper points :) It seems an ideal candidate for an engine swap as it's a 2.0 with over 200K so the drivetrain is nothing special but it's not rusty.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, chompy_snake said:

I am really interested to see this Volvo conversion, unless you get attached and keep the LS 

That is a very real danger lol but ultimately I think a V8 940 would be a cooler and more entertaining vehicle. I just need to work out if I have the ability to make the swap. I have access to all the necessary tools I think it's just a question of skills and motivation. It won't be happening for a good few months though anyway, may as well use up the remaining MOT on the Lexus.