Car chases

ETCHY

It's not a proper car chase but... 

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. Those of you excited by the timelord Ford should review. Hilarious carnage before it was a hackneyed lame joke. 

And can we please not forget the greatest start to a film ever. Ever. Absolutely seminal to my formative self. 

Just opening that to get a link has made my arm hairs stand up. 

Can't help but think there hasn't been a properly good, classic, realistic and lengthy car chases with interesting cars since what? Ronin? That was 1998. There has been some really spectacular stuff, but none quite as grounded in reality.

(I think the one featured on Top Gear for The Sweeney remake was okay though).

Also, it is just me or the 406 in Ronin sounded like a Diesel and not a V6?

2 hours ago, Twiggy said:

A  good one:

"Fear  is the key car chase" on you tube.

I`ve no idea how to get it from you tube to here !

Maybe someone a little more computer savvy than I could do it please ?

It has thingy out of Vanishing Point in it, he didn't die against a bulldozer after all. Never seen this one before.

Twiggy, just click/press & hold on the address of the vid, select copy, then when you go into the site you want to post in click/press & hold where you want it to go, and select 'paste'.  It's been made much easier than it used to be.

10 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

It has thingy out of Vanishing Point in it, he didn't die against a bulldozer after all. Never seen this one before.

No you are right. It was a Camero in the final scene and I didn't really die... Probably the best car chase film ever though if I do say so myself

I watched Branigan again last night & thought that the Capri chase was silly, finishing up in a skip & the door falling off. However I did notice that the number plate on the blue Granada Coupe was NHK293M, just two digits away from the bronze saloon in the Sweeney - NHK295M, sad or what?