AS new year resolutions

HMC

Get things fixed on the Mondeo (stat/heater, electrical niggles)

Get to my first UK shitefest

Keep running the Mazda with associated fixerating.

Do something with the Invacar (no, not that)

Have a few Kent shiters meets

Stop buying so much mini-shite

Watch a bit less car related Youtube!

This time last year I made some rash prediction of getting the Gazelle, A99 and the 164 back on the road. Twelve months later and I've used the A99 a few times, driven the 164 twice and literally not even touched the Gazelle.. Maybe for the best if I don't make any resolutions this time. Still fancy a four door fifties /sixties septic barge though and I'm forty next year so maybe I'll treat myself. 

Get either another picasso, or a rover of some sorts.......
or a proton
I just want something with flaky reliability from the early 90s
Can I interest you in a very flaky, very ungrateful, vibrating Rover 214 from the early 90s ? Two for the price of one special resolution offer...

9 hours ago, RobT said:

It does need doing though, nine years after moving in.  If I was being sensible I'd have saved the money by now.

That's a gender reassignment statement, right? Which is easier? Changing ones personality or gender ? Because I just want to be a better person. 

9 hours ago, clayts450 said:
13 hours ago, maxxo said:
Get either another picasso, or a rover of some sorts.......
or a proton
I just want something with flaky reliability from the early 90s

Can I interest you in a very flaky, very ungrateful, vibrating Rover 214 from the early 90s ? Two for the price of one special resolution offer...

that sounds absolutely terrible, therefore perfect, i have been told however i must wait for my 21st before i buy anymore crap.........

Buy more cars, but sell at least as many as I buy.

Selling has proved the hard part because I have bought cars that I like and therefore don't want to part with them again. Maybe the answer is to buy cars I don't like so much, then I can experience them and pass them on without feeling the loss! 

Re mot the YRV turbo and find it a new home.

Get the Subaru truck welded up,mot'd and back on the road again for June/July then worry about paint matching the repairs later.

The big one for 2020 is to treat myself and find a nice long term keeper something like a Pontiac Tempest,Mercury Comet,Ford Falcon,Plymouth Valliant that kind of thing ideally original paint / slightly scruffy but 100% honest and deffo not another project.

20191020_133949.thumb.jpg.b62b4d00c799fc894fb0b26e9d989a84.jpgSomething like this.

To try and stop worrying. I spend half my time worrying what might happen and the other half worrying about what has happened. Anxiety being an almost permanent state. Stop checking the oil and coolant before every trip, stop listening to every clunk or rattle and just stop being a nervous mechanical obsessed wreck. Owning Rovers various has contributed, but am determined. 

Mine are exactly the same as they were last year, which tells you everything there is to know about

- me

- my year

- New Year resolutions.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:06 PM, Skizzer said:

Sell at least two of the fleet, maybe more. (Plans are already in hand for two.)

Bring the XJ6 home to Wales. Get the Granada fixed.

Stop working weekends. Spend more time keeping on top of cars.

Get into welding/fabricating properly. Make decent progress on the Rancho.

Make the Lancia run before the end of January - it’s so damn close. Then get it MOT’d and cruise around in it pretending to be cool.

Use the Renault 16 and the XJ-S more. And the Rover. And the Vauxhall.

Get the Rover radiator re-cored and use it for work in the summer.

Survive 2020 without wanting to kill someone.

Do the last few bits on the 4 door Toledo. Fully restore the 2 door Toledo (well get it solid and running, also stopping)

Think what to do with the Tacuma.

Drive the Rover as per usual.

Attend events including Shitefest.

Do the Round Britain Reliability Run in October.

Not die.