Suzuki Alto, is it Autoshite?

Stinkwheel

Well I’ve been driving the little pink (formerly red, maybe red again pending can be arsed ness with actually polishing it up) Alto for a while now.

Impressions, pretty good actually. Didn’t expect it to be, but happy with it.

Handles like a go cart, does 50mpg, surprisingly quick for what it is. Must be light as a feather. It’s much better at 80mph than say any perodua I’ve driven. (As in it doesn’t feel like you might die in the Suzuki but it does in a perodua)

It’s like a really competent small car of about 34 years ago. Except it’s only 15 years old. It did melt one of its spark-a-lator wires again, for unknown reasons, but I popped a new one in and it’s been good as gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, sgtberbatov said:

You bought a Trabant then, well done!

I think you'll find...

Trabants have two cylinders... Well proper Trabis anyway, the last of the line VW Polo-engined efforts obvs have twice the pistons (four stroke too...! Perish the thought!).

Trabant licker here, sorry.

9 hours ago, TrabbieRonnie said:

I think you'll find...

Trabants have two cylinders... Well proper Trabis anyway, the last of the line VW Polo-engined efforts obvs have twice the pistons (four stroke too...! Perish the thought!).

Trabant licker here, sorry.

I stand licked!

I mean corrected ?

• 3 months later...

Just to update the Alto news....
Boringly reliable really. Needed an MOT back in mid March, so replaced some rear brake pipes and it passed. Since then I’ve stuck a new battery in it as the old one just died.
I’ve decided I like it so I ordered a new clutch kit and cambelt kit, as the clutch has very little travel and the cable adjustment is all used up. And who knows when it had a belt.
Grand total for both items 65 quid.
These things are really cheap as chips.