Cheap car, but.....

Bobthebeard

Would anyone be interested in a cheap reliable car? It is a Chevrolet Tacuma 2.0 pez auto. Have replaced the head gasket, timing belt etc etc. and it just works as a car with no issues. Big snag is the VED at £48 per month. Will be up for sale as soon as the Honda Accord diesel is back on the road next year. £200. It's an 07 car with around 87K. 

3 hours ago, Jazoli said:

I don't see why the tax is such a big stumbling block for some, its a £200 car, which is a couple of days wages, the money you have saved on the car pays for the tax.

I guess it’s because  you can buy other cars for the same tiny amount and get half a tank of fuel a month for the same amount. If every cheap car had the same tax it wouldn’t be an issue. It’s also the reason I haven’t bought another RX8, on the 205 £13 tax a month is ok for a fun car, but £50 is a bit rich for a car that might do 100 miles a month.

This will be my old Tacuma, if I'm not mistaken.  Bloody nice little car in general, replaced only because I wasn't allowed to drive for several months, so I decided MrsR should have something brand new from Motability, seeing as she was having to drive me everywhere.  We both liked the Tacuma.  If it goes to Roffle, two please.