Holiday fun 60s style in the Triumph

25v6turbo

So as many people will remember back in there youth,summer holidays in the 60s/70s was often a trip to the seaside and a mixture of hot summer or pouring down rain...

I remember travelling to Devon in the mid 70s in my dads Triumph 2000 MK1(which he still owns)and having to pack the car full of crap just to stay in a caravan for a week.

Fast forward 40 odd years and I now live in the Devon town I used to stay at and own a MK1 2000 aswell.....

So I,am thinking what period items should I display or fit to my MK1 to give it a look of a car that's travelled to its holiday destination?Not wanting to giffer the car and make it look to OTT just a few nice items to give it that look of a holidaymaker whos parents can,t wait for a pint of Watneys ale and a Babycham,while the kids are running riot around the local Warners holiday camp(had one here in my town)

I already have a lovely original STANPART accessory chrome and wood roofrack which really suits it with looking pineapple,nothing on it just a plan roofrack,it has a nice Desmo badge bar aswell,which has 3 lovely period badges fitted,and I have an original Tiger in your tank sticker in the NSR quarter window,period seat covers aswell,genuine unused feu orange hanging from the mirror,and an 8 track radio with aerial on back wing.

What about a hamper,period map of the area, Autocar/Motor magazine,local tourist info book,newspaper,a few bits on the rear parcel shelf and seat would look nice and suit it,but I don,t want to over do it.

I could add the continental look aswell with Lucas yellow headlamp deflectors and 60s/70s GB badge/sticker?would like a pair of those white door reflector buffers and the slatted style wiper arm deflectors.

Will be looking through a load of old car mags I have from the time to give me ideas aswell.

Absolutely must have some heather tied to the grille - preferably of the 'lucky white' variety - when was the last time you saw that?

Or is it a local thing? What with the heather riddled Yorkshire Moors being a few miles away from me and being a popular day trip destination. I guess the wild lands of Devon have their share of it?

4 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

A dog.  I mean a real one with a water bowl and a bottle of water and a blanket to sleep on.

If we're going down this line then a pair of red-faced grizzling children, squabbling in a listless manner over a toy/snack/drink of which there is only one left; ideally both children should appear to have smeared themselves with jam, even if there is none in any of the snacks.

Some great ideas,i have tracked down a 1968 AA touring guide I had hidden away and that is now on the rear parcelshelf,got my eye on a period compass for sale and a few other bits to add to the look,i,am fine for 8 track cassettes at the moment,but will see what else I can find.