Belated Black Friday Bargetastic Blackberry Beauty Bargain Buy...

volvoman

...So, after having sold all my Volvos this year, an driving around in Micras/Starlets, i just had to have another pre 2000 Volvo in my life! I cant be doing without owning a Volvo, its just not right.

But couldnt find one anywhere????..........................then this Blackberry Beauty popped up for sale, an it was within 15 miles from me, so i had to buy it, it would have been rude not to!

It all happened real quick, so no time for a collection thread...bought it last Friday morning.

In the old days, i wouldnt even look at any Volvo (unless it was a Wagon/Estate) but this Saloon caught my eye some.

Anyway, good to be back in the "Volvo Brigade"...grabbed a few pics, just when it started to rain!, so when time permits, i will get some "sunny pics" to show off that lovely metallic purple.

P1780201-copy-to-800.jpg

P1780207-to-800.jpg

P1780184-to-800.jpg

P1780179-to-800.jpg

P1780209-to-800.jpg

P1780227-to-800.jpg

10 minutes ago, spartacus said:

It looks like a good example from those pics...

That colour though, wow!

Cheers, its in pretty good shape, with 138 000 miles, so not a high miler.

Blackberry metallic/Purple, is one of the best colours Volvo did...when the sun hits it, it looks real nice.

I also like those Andromeda Volvo alloys too, which i think are "factory" for both the 960's/S/V90's

3 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Not a Volvo person normally unless it's a 164 or 240 wagon - but that's lovely. R reg FTW

Thanks, yep, its the last of the RWD Volvos.

I have a real soft spot for 240 wagons...i reckon over the years, ive owned ten 240's. I got my 1st S. Reg "Big Bumper" 240, back in the late 1980's!!

1 minute ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Ok shotgun ??

No problems mate, i never keep a car for too long, so who knows whats around the corner.

Since its not a Wagon/Estate(which is what i prefer) my love affair with it wont last...but right now, its the only Volvo i own, so its" a keeper" for a while yet.

18 hours ago, trigger said:

What a gorgeous looking car, great purchase! 

Thanks for that.

9 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

Three randoms please!

Ive never done one................................i guess theres always a 1st time for everything..................................bit too early for that though.

2 hours ago, paulplom said:

Looks brilliant. I have a nice 850 t-5 wagon, wink wink.

Cheers.

How nice, is your 850 T5 wagon? wink wink.

2 hours ago, Bag'O'Spanners said:

Feeling very inadequate with a horrible red S60 185 d5. That S90 is stunning, nice buy. Ubersafetywaft with added Blackberry lovelyness.

Cheers for that.

I have zero experience with any modernish Volvo's (volvos made after the year 2000). Ive often toyed with the idea of getting a phase 2 V70 wagon from time to time, but just never pulled the trigger on one...one day, i just might buy a more modern Volvo??...but i just like the older models.

34 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Quite nice2e8ebea3d6cb48cd698544aaf7a9ca0b.jpgf9b07ad29bf441daded38b401a5ef88b.jpg5cff514dec9f74b7e9900bf1886f1b55.jpgb215dae8734a6d27f665b33293ec7ecd.jpg8687560c7afedcd041d57d7578402185.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes, it looks quite nice...an early one on an L.Reg. too.

The 850 Wagons do look the bollocks, heres a link to my 850 T5 CD, that i foolishly sold, back in May.

On 12/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Phwoar.

Indeedy.

16 hours ago, 406V6 said:

Great buy. That dash is a thing of beauty. Modern cars have taken a step back in this area.

Cheers.

Agree, these dashes are nice, they share the same sort of look/layout, as the 850 dash too.

6 hours ago, paulplom said:

Swap?

Thanks for the swapage offer mate, but id like to give this S90 some time in my ownership..............its starting to grow on me some.

It reminds me of my old Mark 2 Granada 2.8 Ghia Xpack saloon...same sort of shape an stuff.

3 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Waftalicious. Enjoy. 

Thanks...these RWD S90/V90/960's, with their straight 6 cylinder, 24 valve engines, certainly know how to cruise, with little effort required.