Fundraising for Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run 2020

purplebargeken

Hope you all don't mind me posting this here....

I will be taking part in the Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run 2020 with my mate the moustached and permanently debonair Mr John Bateman!

This is a 48 hour 2000 mile drive in my Triumph Toledo built in 1974 (the only Toledo entering)!!!! 

What could possibly go wrong!

The Run starts in Hertfordshire, we will trundle to Lands End and then upwards a bit to John O Groats. The Run will end back in Hertfordshire. So if you see a load of Triumphs on the road over the 2nd, 3rd and 4th October 2020, it'll be us (and 124 other brave* souls) so give us a toot on the horn and a wave.

The deserving charity chosen this year by Club Triumph is the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

I would ask all of our friends, family and colleagues to support this worthy cause by donating some Coin of The Realm, dosh, moolah via our Just Giving page. 

https://www.justgiving.com/team/TeamAreWeThereYet

We now it's nearly Christmas and we have Bre*it to think about (or not) and an Election looming too but please help us to raise money for the MND Association.

The amount donated doesn't matter if it's a Pound or whatever but whatever you can spare would be gratefully received and hugely appreciated.

Thank you very much indeed

Hope you all don't mind me posting this here....

I will be taking part in the Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run 2020 with my mate the moustached and permanently debonair Mr John Bateman!

This is a 48 hour 2000 mile drive in my Triumph Toledo built in 1974 (the only Toledo entering)!!!! 

What could possibly go wrong!

The Run starts in Hertfordshire, we will trundle to Lands End and then upwards a bit to John O Groats. The Run will end back in Hertfordshire. So if you see a load of Triumphs on the road over the 2nd, 3rd and 4th October 2020, it'll be us (and 124 other brave* souls) so give us a toot on the horn and a wave.

The deserving charity chosen this year by Club Triumph is the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
I would ask all of our friends, family and colleagues to support this worthy cause by donating some Coin of The Realm, dosh, moolah via our Just Giving page that will be set up shortly. We now it's nearly Christmas and we have Bre*it to think about (or not) and an Election looming too but please help us to raise money for the MND Association.
The amount donated doesn't matter if it's a Pound or whatever but whatever you can spare would be gratefully received and hugely appreciated.
Thank you very much indeed
When you know the checkpoints, can you post them? Me and my son really enjoyed Turweston last time!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Mate of mine did this last year, really enjoyed it..... 

Until the Toledo went bang around about Cumbria on the way back. Had been faultless up until then though which is completely remarkable really. In its defence there were possible issues with the head prior to leaving which would have canned it for me but Ian is a really good mechanic and a clever chap who managed to get it going and (nearly) all the way back. 

Good luck with that Ken. I've done it five times in three different 1300TC's. The first in 1992 and the last in 2016. Having done three in a row I'm currently having a break for a few years. My gearbox is a bit noisy at the mo and I want to sort that before I enter another. The last time I was rather annoyed that they've fitted average speed cameras to the A9 from Perth to Inverness. 108 miles of staring at your speedo at 3-4AM is no longer fun. But it's still a great event and I will do another one at some point. 

From 2016:

At John O'Groats. 

20161008_075938.thumb.jpg.e38b1f46e33a1ef68d1c7f0911b5d89a.jpg

Skiach Services north of Inverness. 

20161008_120024.thumb.jpg.05e113c0a332ed5f9d663a0cd2cc6b06.jpg

Pez station shot. Tebay services, southbound. 

20161008_221559.thumb.jpg.141a9f1b89651eb49bfd38ff71b042a9.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement and comments folks. I'll post the route as soon as I can confirm it, so any Shitters out and about can wave, gesticulate rudely, etc, etc.

If anyone would like to sponsor us then please do so via the link. Any and all donations are hugely well received and will obv be going to a worthwhile cause.

https://www.justgiving.com/team/TeamAreWeThereYet

1 hour ago, purplebargeken said:

I am sure it will be a blast to participate in :)

Mostly. By the Saturday night you'll wish you'd never started. 

Here's how it works. You obviously have at least two drivers. You can have three, I've even seen the odd four man crew in the big saloons but I think two works best in the small saloons, after all the people in the Spitfires, TRs etc have no choice but to have a two man crew. I've done it with two and three but I think two is best. 

So you're supposed to take it in turns driving and sleeping, or at least resting. But Friday night you're all full of adrenaline and excitement so can't sleep. Most of Saturday you're in Scotland and don't want to miss the great roads and scenery then Saturday night is the great slog south and you all just want go to go to sleep at the same time and start thinking what a bloody stupid idea this was. Never again, you think, but when the entries for the next event open just over a year later you only remember the good bits and are all eager again. 

After breakfast at Lands End you do feel revived and the run back to London is enjoyable even though you do feel shattered. Sort of like the windscreen is a television and you're not really there. 

Like I say good luck.