AS in the Community - 01.02.2020: the Association of Associated MASSIVS hits Cannock auctions again...

chaseracer

What was the Volvo C70 - lot 35? like......and was it really only £285, or can't I read [mention=17488]Sloth in a bowl[/mention]'s writing?
may have been a good thing I didn't go - although an instant win on the game would have been fun. 

It was indeed that cheap. That's why we were wtfing amongst ourselves when the comprehensively fucked MOT-less and 'total loss' Punto raised a similar amount of money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

What was the Volvo C70 - lot 35? like......and was it really only £285, or can't I read @Sloth in a bowl's writing?

may have been a good thing I didn't go - although an instant win on the game would have been fun. 

It looked and sounded pretty good. Definitely worth the paltry hammer price I reckon. 

MAJOR alarm bells because it had seat covers though. 

I've probably got @Heidel_Kakao's Dukes of Hazard style exit into heavy traffic on my dashcam. 

It was a most entertaining 'I'm fucking off now' departure. And yes, even without any exhaust mods it made a decent roar.

Next time you're over this way you can go out for a good run in mine if you like.

22 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Home. I now have 4 tyres for dome and engine for Captain_70s.

Any more of this delivery nonsense and I'll start charging for it.

Curious to see what the MPG figure for the 740 will seeing as the entire journey was done in convoy with the Acclaim at 60mph so that said Honda* wasn't doing 4700rpm everywhere.

36.2mpg from Cannock to Glasgow via Chesterfield and Barnard Castle due to A66 closures.

Not too bad for winter fuel, an engine in the boot and holding 60+mph up all the hills from Barnard Castle to Brough summit that were enough to cause the Acclaim some significant headaches.

15 minutes ago, rantingYoof said:

I've probably got @Heidel_Kakao's Dukes of Hazard style exit into heavy traffic on my dashcam. 

It was a most entertaining 'I'm fucking off now' departure. And yes, even without any exhaust mods it made a decent roar.

Next time you're over this way you can go out for a good run in mine if you like.

Yeah it does accelerate well for a heavy barge :) I would like to try an LS400 so thanks for the offer, it's always interesting to compare one generation of car to another.

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

It looked and sounded pretty good. Definitely worth the paltry hammer price I reckon. 

MAJOR alarm bells because it had seat covers though. 

My alarm bells would be more ringing from the lack of a towing eye cover on the ovlov. I know some of the Volvo 2 litre engines like to suddenly lose their coolant and cook themselves, I don't know if that model is so afflicted.

9 hours ago, Sloth in a bowl said:

My alarm bells would be more ringing from the lack of a towing eye cover on the ovlov. I know some of the Volvo 2 litre engines like to suddenly lose their coolant and cook themselves, I don't know if that model is so afflicted.

I think a missing towing eye cover is mandatory for entry at Cannock :D 

5 minutes ago, rantingYoof said:

The very last car (the 1.8 Audi A4 Avant) needed a boost, and also was all greenhouse inside. Looked alright though, apart from that.

No MOT since 2016 plus the owner had a reserve of £265 ish, “sold” for £150 although it had a set of new tyres on. Odd.

7 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

No MOT since 2016 plus the owner had a reserve of £265 ish, “sold” for £150 although it had a set of new tyres on. Odd.

It says on their website the 4th entry is no reserve so I guess it’d been through a few more times and not sold at its reserve. 

Scraps at £146 so £150 plus fees seems an expensive way to buy it. 

41 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

There's ALWAYS something needs boosted at the Cannock auctions

I wasn't counting, but the jump packs did see a fair bit of action.  From their web site:

Vehicles accepted for Saturday’s auction from Thursday 10am

So it's not like they've sat all week either.

The bloke who'd won a Peugeot 307 and nearly drove it into the side of his beavertail amused a few of us.  He also bought an Astra H.  Living the dream.

30 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

It says on their website the 4th entry is no reserve so I guess it’d been through a few more times and not sold at its reserve. 

Scraps at £146 so £150 plus fees seems an expensive way to buy it. 

Maybe £200 or so of tyres on it though. Well, they cost someone £200, now worth £100 with the alloys at best probably.

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

The way some of them were ragging around / out of the car park was ridiculous. Not a trade plate to be seen either ? 

Last year someone ragged their just bought diesel Vauxhall round the car park. It threw a rod through the block.

And before that, someone else bought a diesel Vectra which shat it's turbo before proceeding to run away on it's own oil.

1 minute ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Last year someone ragged their just bought diesel Vauxhall round the car park. It threw a rod through the block.

And before that, someone else bought a diesel Vectra which shat it's turbo before proceeding to run away on it's own oil.

? ? hahahaha. 

Is it bad that I still want to buy a car from there at some point? :D