AS in the Community - 01.02.2020: the Association of Associated MASSIVS hits Cannock auctions again...

chaseracer

5 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

So, anyone else staying at the beautiful looking RoadKing before I book it? Premier inn is too expensive, the travelodge M6 southbound was a twat to find last time and still many minutes away from breakfast...

You do know about the back road from the services? It makes breakfast about 7 minutes away on Saturday.

I paid the £20 key dipper as cash, but the room fee on my credit card which isn't contactless anyway. 

Think they had the facilities though.

Probably won't make this one due to skintness - ( Pet insurance claim taking forever) I'll do £70 in dizzle there and back, and the money-tree in my garden appears to have blown down.

1 minute ago, Inspector Morose said:

You do know about the back road from the services? It makes breakfast about 7 minutes away on Saturday.

Yes, I found that last time 

But road king is booked and is £6 cheaper and alot closer. Now for the usual ore cannock decision of do I leave Marlow with the car packed at 4pm Friday and get out of the car at cannock or come home and leave at 6/7 and get there for 9?

Money moved to a pot for breakfast, deathburgers and fuel, bed booked, excite starting! 

5 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

I paid the £20 key dipper as cash, but the room fee on my credit card which isn't contactless anyway. 

Think they had the facilities though.

Probably won't make this one due to skintness - ( Pet insurance claim taking forever) I'll do £70 in dizzle there and back, and the money-tree in my garden appears to have blown down.

Will print the £5 off voucher tomorrow for extra skinflint-Ness. Worst case I can transfer the money to my non broken barclays debit card for chip and pin glory outside in the car park before trying again

On 1/17/2020 at 9:46 PM, captain_70s said:

I shall now be in attendance and dragging the good lady down with me for good measure, expect Tronda appearance.

@Richard - It would appear we are both going past Chesterfield on the same trip now, could be fortuitous for engine collectionantion? 

Sounds good, let me know where and when to turn up. There's someone I want to visit in Chesterfield, so I'll try to work it around that. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, davidfowler2000 said:

Topic bump. Also who's joining for dinner at the Beefeater? I'll book it for the usual 7pm and I'll probably do it, maybe, a week in advance so that we can be sure of getting a big enough table.

Usual suspects:
1. davidfowler2000
2. chaseracer
3. Inspector Morose
4. cms206
5. WIFE_cms
6. CHILD_cms
7. Sloth_in_a_bowl
8. Captain_70s
9. WOMAN_70s

I will try to make it on Friday night for a dodgy steak.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, davidfowler2000 said:

Topic bump. Also who's joining for dinner at the Beefeater? I'll book it for the usual 7pm and I'll probably do it, maybe, a week in advance so that we can be sure of getting a big enough table.

Usual suspects:
1. davidfowler2000
2. chaseracer
3. Inspector Morose
4. cms206
5. WIFE_cms
6. CHILD_cms
7. Sloth_in_a_bowl
8. Captain_70s
9. WOMAN_70s

I’m out.

1 hour ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Beefeater is extremely busy for Friday. They said to phone back on Thursday in case there has been a cancellation otherwise it looks like it'll be two separate tables at different times.

What other options are there in Cannock? Just incase.

If you want something of the same level(ish) then there is a brewers fayre a mile along the A5.

Shameless plug because I've just filmed the after video so it's now officially 4 sail

IMG_20200128_203720.thumb.jpg.796731fd390c99f608d50b78a27145b1.jpg

Fully refurbished

New belts on the clutch, new post filter, spotless pre filter, both tools. 

£50, providing it can make its way from cannock to yourself, via either yourself or shitely. PayPal or cash @ breakfast is fine

/self promotion over

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Shameless plug because I've just filmed the after video so it's now officially 4 sail

Fully refurbished

New belts on the clutch, new post filter, spotless pre filter, both tools. 

£50, providing it can make its way from cannock to yourself, via either yourself or shitely. PayPal or cash @ breakfast is fine

/self promotion over

I will have this dude, cash @ breakfast. Cheers.