AS in the Community - 01.02.2020: the Association of Associated MASSIVS hits Cannock auctions again...

chaseracer

As mentioned in the new members thread, back in 2002/3 I bought a few motors from CA. On the whole they were decent for the money. There was some absolute shite as well.  As in proper fucked.

I'd like to come to the meeting on 1st Feb as suggested by Mr Chaseracer, it will depend on whether my Saturday job application works out.

Dave

Just remember that after the last gathering we are marked men and women - be prepared for incoming piss taking by the auctioneer, and maybe an opportunity to play pass the frying pan

"I think I must have been the only one who heard a guy who come over when the auction had finished and we were standing by the exit doors - "the auctioneer would like a word with one of you" or words to that effect;  once the dust had settled I found myself looking a the backs of the departing AS Community.  Oh well I thought, here I go;  the auctioneer was leaning out of his window so quoth I - "you were in good voice today".  I then explained the gathering and the quiz;  what does the winner?  get he asks;  just appearing as the winner in the internet forum says I.  Maybe he spotted a commercial opportunity.

I asked if we were causing him any bother;  not at all said he, so I reckon Cannock meets should be good for the future but there could be a bit of merry banter from him.

KrueJoe's frying pan has been passed to Mr Fowler for speedy transfer to Glasgow;  who will be the next lucky recipient?"

On 1/2/2020 at 8:12 PM, Six-cylinder said:

I would say it is just fine for a young one, but I might be very cold in the open yard and in the big open shed without a door!

British car Auctions have heaters and coffee shops while this lot has a bugger van and coldness! I guess he needs to see both really! 

IMG_20190907_105635 broad.jpg

That’s a ‘burger’ van btw unless 6 cyl has been going to a different auction to us.?

• 2 weeks later...

Topic bump. Also who's joining for dinner at the Beefeater? I'll book it for the usual 7pm and I'll probably do it, maybe, a week in advance so that we can be sure of getting a big enough table.

Usual suspects:
1. davidfowler2000
2. chaseracer
3. Inspector Morose
4. cms206
5. WIFE_cms
6. CHILD_cms
7. Sloth_in_a_bowl
8. Captain_70s
9. WOMAN_70s

24 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I'm not going to be able to make it as i've got to work.. However @Smoll Floatylight is planning to come but the collective must stop him from bidding on any old shed, his want his high, his ability to insure zero...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Shall I bring the MX5 in an effort to distract him..?